General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone know when the new pedal-based powermeter comes out? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-07-19 9:07 PM
in reply to: #2608872

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2010-07-19 9:27 PM

Subject: RE: Anyone know when the new pedal-based powermeter comes out?
Most of the buzz is that they'll be showing off final products at Interbike, and Eurobike in september.  Some of the new PM companies have announced Q3 CY10 (which again aligns to fall).

I'd speculate that most will start taking orders at Interbike, but stuff won't trickle in till October and full availability in November.

There's a few other PM rumors swirling as well regarding other un-announced companies too, all aiming for Interbike and/or Europe in September.

Fwiw, I'll be at Interbike covering it - so you'll get all the uber-detailed goodness...but instantly as opposed to waiting for it to trickle out.  Well, that's the theory anyway...I could also just play slot machines all week...
2010-07-20 7:13 AM
in reply to: #2991387

Master
Centennial, CO

dcrainmaker - 2010-07-19 8:27 PM Most of the buzz is that they'll be showing off final products at Interbike, and Eurobike in september.  Some of the new PM companies have announced Q3 CY10 (which again aligns to fall).

I'd speculate that most will start taking orders at Interbike, but stuff won't trickle in till October and full availability in November.

There's a few other PM rumors swirling as well regarding other un-announced companies too, all aiming for Interbike and/or Europe in September.

Fwiw, I'll be at Interbike covering it - so you'll get all the uber-detailed goodness...but instantly as opposed to waiting for it to trickle out.  Well, that's the theory anyway...I could also just play slot machines all week...

And this is why we follow so much of what you say.  You actually check things out and talk when you know.  Thank you for all your reviews and attention to detail.

2010-07-20 8:35 AM
in reply to: #2626839

Veteran
gsmacleod - 2010-01-21 1:10 PM
pschriver - 2010-01-21 9:22 AM

I'm not an engineer but there seems to be a lot off vectors in play during the spin cycle while pedaling. I would be very surprised if this concept is even possible.

Actually the physics of the entire system is very simple; power is work over time but can also be calculated as force times times speed (if they are in the same direction).  So the pedal simply needs to measure the force applied and then have knowledge of how fast the pedal is moving and you have power.

For the OP, I would not hold your breath.  Many cool pieces of technology end up being vapourware and never making it to the market.

Shane

So if you spin bacwards its also going to measure power? Because there would be a small amount of force to the pedals right?
2012-04-11 9:55 AM

Master
2012-04-11 2:10 PM

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/garmin-vector-power-mete...

Garmin have announced another delay to their keenly anticipated Vector pedal-based power meter. After saying earlier this year that the release date would be in summer 2012, it's now been pushed back indefinitely.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone know when the new pedal-based powermeter comes out? Rss Feed  

of 2