General Discussion Triathlon Talk » people yelling at me on bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2005-06-14 10:22 AM
in reply to: #172952

Elite Veteran
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Subject: RE: people yelling at me on bike
I live in a pretty bike friendly state and town - I think RAGBRAI has done wonders for involving almost everyone in the state in biking.  They've either ridden it, driven a support vehicle, or have friends and /or family who've done it.  As of this moment, in a year and a half of biking, the worst thing I have had to put up with is people going past me a little bit closer than would be necessary, but never dangerously close.  Probably their way of making the "inconvenience" of my presence known. Yeah, bite me.  That being said, there are times when I'm in my car and bicyclists will be riding in an inconsiderate manner (three abreast and don't fall back into single file when they know I'm behind them), single rider riding in the middle of the lane and not pulling over a bit...that sort of thing, and it does kind of piss me off.  Not that I think they don't belong on the roads, obviously, but because I expect better of them.  I try to be the biker that would not piss me off when I'm the driver, if you know what I mean.  I figure by doing that, I'm doing the best I can to share the road and if someone does get mad at me, I'll know it's because of them and how they are basically just an angry person who hates their own life, and nothing to do with me.  So instead of feeling mad at them, I'll feel sorry for them, which is better for me.

2005-06-14 10:36 AM
in reply to: #174523

Sydney Australia
Subject:
2005-06-14 10:50 AM
in reply to: #174570

User image

Expert
Mount Vernon, Iowa
Tania - 2005-06-14 9:22 AM
So instead of feeling mad at them, I'll feel sorry for them, which is better for me.

Exactly. And when I'm on my bike I'm in my happy place, so it takes a lot to piss me off.
2005-06-14 11:08 AM

User image

Veteran
Can't tell who i can't stand more when I train on my bike, idiot walkers or drivers...

It takes a big man to dish out insults... takes a bigger man to ignore it.. Nothing good comes out of yelling back or talking back. Just keep your head down and move on :-)

Edited by jerry 2005-06-14 11:09 AM
2005-06-14 12:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleveland, OH
I had some dude yelling at me yesterday on my ride home. He was pissed b/c I was on the road and there is a paved path that runs right alongside the road. I don't like to ride the path b/c often times there are runners/walkers/loiterers on it and it screws up my commute as well as puts both of us in danger.

THe dude yelled at me and I told him that he was number one. Although I should not have.

HD
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » people yelling at me on bike Rss Feed  

of 2