Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Uploading Pictures Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-22 2:43 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Uploading Pictures
I'm not very good with editing pictures apparently.

Everytime I go to resize my pictures to upload to the website they end up being extremely small. How do you keep them big (so you can actually make out what is in the picture) and keep them less than 50kb? Is there something I need to do when taking pictures? Or can I do it with the photo editing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

2010-01-22 5:19 PM
in reply to: #2629464

User image

Veteran
Tucson
Subject: RE: Uploading Pictures
Hi Dave, Ahhh......Finally something I know about and glad to help.  What kind of editing program are you using?  Is it Photoshop by adobe by chance, Elements?  Are you using a Mac or iphotos?  They're pretty much all close to the same.  Anyway open your photo and go to resize image.  First, take your DPI from 300 down to 72.  You should have a hight and width selection regarding the photo.  Let's say it reads 7".312 x 5".746.  Just put the cursor by the 7 and chage it to 5 or whatever.  The next # will change on it's own.  Then save as a different slug (so you don't permently change your photo), now check the size again.  Just use trial and error until you get it right around 50 kbs but not over.  I'm using Photoshop CS in a newsroom and that's how I do it.  Some more simple software just says make photo small, medium or large.  

If you're into photography you can pick up PhotoShop Elements 2 for around $60.00 or so.  If you're still having a hard time you could probably put your pics on disk you want to use and go to a photography store in your city and have them re-size your images to 50kb.

Hope I helped.
PM me and let me know how it goes.  Or further questions feel free to ask.
Scott
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Uploading Pictures Rss Feed