General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Just registered for my first Olympic TRI Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-24 12:19 AM

New user

Subject: Just registered for my first Olympic TRI
Hi my name is Ken. I just registered for the APPLE TRI in Kelowna BC. It is my first ever attempt at anything like this but I am very excited to do this! I know it is going to change my life forever. ANyone with any advise would be great. I am like a sponge.

2010-01-24 8:17 AM
in reply to: #2631244

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
Subject: RE: Just registered for my first Olympic TRI
Congrats on signing up.  Enjoy the training that leads to the start line.
2010-01-24 12:47 PM
in reply to: #2631244

User image

Champion
PA
Subject: RE: Just registered for my first Olympic TRI
keng - 2010-01-24 1:19 AM Hi my name is Ken. I just registered for the APPLE TRI in Kelowna BC. It is my first ever attempt at anything like this but I am very excited to do this! I know it is going to change my life forever. ANyone with any advise would be great. I am like a sponge.

Very cool Ken.  Last year was my first year to try a tri and my first was an OLY.  I think it was a perfect distance choice for me because it was far enough to intimidate me into training hard out of fear.  haha

How well can you swim and have you ever swam in open water?  Those always seems to be the first concerns. Advice I read on this forum held true for me.  Get some open water swimming under your belt.

Also, never change anything on race day (don't try different goggles, different foods, different drinks, shoes, etc.)
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Just registered for my first Olympic TRI Rss Feed