General Discussion Triathlon Talk » lap pool in salt lake or provo Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-05 11:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Subject: lap pool in salt lake or provo
I'll be in salt lake & provo next week.  I would like to swim in a complete/offical 25 yd or meter or 50 meter pool.  I dont want to go to golds or 24hour as their pool are too short (most of them are like 20 yd).  Maybe the city comm. center?  Address & price for admission would be nice?  Looking to swim in the evening.

2010-02-05 12:55 PM
in reply to: #2657185

User image

Elite
Slackerville, USA
Subject: RE: lap pool in salt lake or provo
Depends on where you will be staying.  There are a lot of pools around but I don't know which one will be closest.  I live out on the southwest end of the Salt Lake valley and go to the Kearns Oquirrh Park Rec. Center.  They have one lane or the other open pretty much all day long (until 9:45). Adult admission is $4. Address is 5624 South 4800 West.  The Olympic Oval is right next to it where you can go running until at least 9 in the evening for $2.50 (I've been there later as long as there are still hockey games going on).  I usually don't go running outside in the winter because of the air quality. There are more places closer to downtown or farther south in the valley if that will be closer. Desert Sharks also has group workouts posted on their forum at www.desert-sharks.com. You can also go to www.recreation.slco.org and click on Facility Locations on the left to get a list of county run centers.  Then click on each center to get cost and times.  Send us another note if you want info on other centers and we will see what we can find out for you.
2010-02-06 10:07 AM

User image

New user

I've heard this myth about Gold's gym pools from a couple people. Not sure who started it. The ones I have swam at (Orem, Taylorsville, West Jordan) I measured to within inches of 25 yards. I have swam the county pools, and they measure the same in my measure and times.

Gold's is by far the cheapest for membership for what you get.
2010-02-06 3:52 PM

User image

Elite
Utah
go to www.recreation.slco.org
click on "Aquatics" to the left and you will get a list of all the county rec pools.

The day fees vary depending on the amenities at that facility, most with indoor pools are $4.50 to $5.00 per day.

Other community pools are Murray City, West Valley City, Kearns Oquirrh Park, and Cottonwood Heights.

Keep in mind that lap times may not open until 6 or 7pm due to high school and comp team practices.  You can link to the facility website and check out the lap times.

Let me know if you have any questions about the county pools or facilities (I'm in one every day, 8 hours a day, so I know a good bit about them)

LATER
2010-02-09 11:05 AM
in reply to: #2657298

New user

pdbman - 2010-02-05 11:55 AM Depends on where you will be staying.  There are a lot of pools around but I don't know which one will be closest.  I live out on the southwest end of the Salt Lake valley and go to the Kearns Oquirrh Park Rec. Center.  They have one lane or the other open pretty much all day long (until 9:45). Adult admission is $4. Address is 5624 South 4800 West.  The Olympic Oval is right next to it where you can go running until at least 9 in the evening for $2.50 (I've been there later as long as there are still hockey games going on).  I usually don't go running outside in the winter because of the air quality. There are more places closer to downtown or farther south in the valley if that will be closer. Desert Sharks also has group workouts posted on their forum at www.desert-sharks.com. You can also go to www.recreation.slco.org and click on Facility Locations on the left to get a list of county run centers.  Then click on each center to get cost and times.  Send us another note if you want info on other centers and we will see what we can find out for you.

If you or someone else is still looking for a great place to lap swim I would agree with the above. Kearns is a great facility and they also have a master's swimming group every morning at 6am to get a great workout with a lot of individuals.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » lap pool in salt lake or provo Rss Feed