Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February part 2!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 41

2010-02-28 7:14 AM
in reply to: #2676918

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February part 2!!!
I am not usually one to wish time away but February is a tough month- always is. I am glad to put this one behind me. I also have to say that the Ghoulies helped me through: Ann's inspires every morning, and talk with you all and knowing that I am not the only one that finds this time trying, to say the least. Tom Robbins in one of his books has a really good description of February being "mean". I wish I could find it to share with you all.

March has always been a changeable month for me (we are not just talking weather here, but I think it plays a pretty big role). But, changeable in more of a positive, hopeful light. So... YEA HA for tomorrow being March! windy, lusty, edge of spring, end of winter, more daylight, start the garden, get the summer stuff ready, get rid of the winter dirt and grime (both figuratively and mentally) kind of month.

My bike goal is 100 miles. That will be a good goal along with my running.

I'll report tomorrow (evening) on the weight loss total for the month.

2010-02-28 7:22 AM
in reply to: #2697712

User image

Champion
Bronze member
skrtrnr - 2010-02-28 7:46 AM

MORNING GHOULIES.

what a night.  i have to say, i felt really old.  to be surrounded by a bunch of 20 somethings, albeit fun&funny as hell, partying just made me feel incredibly misplaced for lack of a better word.

i have to say though, i hung in there until 1ish.  but since i had to drive myself home, it wasnt all the fun i could of been having.  i missed my chance on a DD.  ah well.  live and learn i guess. 

i knew i couldnt drink/party too hard since i had to do the grown up thing and come home to the boys and work today at the Y.

the party til you puke thing really isnt my scene anyways.

im working at the Y today so no workout for me.  im hoping to get into some rhythm this week ESPECIALLY with my running.

if we have another snow day i will SERIOUSLY take the bridge.

my training has just felt soooo disjointed. 

too much spinnng.

not nearly enough running.

and some odd sessions in the pool.

i dunno.  im thinking maybe my events 'feel' to far out, that im having a hard time focusing and getting motivated.

couldnt be ALL thats going in my personal life too, now can it?????

LOL.

im thinking maybe lowering some of my training/racing expectations might be in order.....considering.  but i dont want to give myself too much of an out either.

life.  goes.  on.  and so.  must.  i.

im sure at some point i'll get my sh^t together.  today just doesnt seem to be the day im gonna do that....or even tomorrow.

any help/advice/feedback/encouragement/support would be OH SO APPRECIATED GHOULIES.

honestly.  i could use your help here.

im trying really hard just to be realistic with myself.....and 'kind' to myself for lack of a better word.

im thinking maybe all that frustration i had towards my marriage was part of the 'fuel' for my training and now that is lifting maybe i equated that w motivation, so it feels like im not as motivated.

when in fact im letting that frustration go, and now i need a new 'source' of motivation...

i dunno.  its a theory i guess.

that and the fact that i thought there would be a certain someone in my life for the time being and that seems to be going a direction i hadnt anticipated.

life is just odd right now.

but....i do know....im gonna be better than fine.

stacieb

Stacie, it sounds to me you have the same problem I get. When I reach a goal I have been working for I lose motivation to move to the next unless it is very specific and soon (time wise). That goal can be anything: a race, or personal- like your DH moving out, an upcoming vacation, house hold project, work project- anything. I found that after my first tri. I worked like the dickens to attain that goal then I couldn't re group and focus on anything. I am learning to have multiple goals (not too many to overwhelm me and some NOT carved in stone, but some that are) and to have those goals spaced apart so once I get to one, I have a breather then onward to the next. The balance thing there is always going to be difficult because life keeps changing under our feet but trying helps a lot and not beating myself up when things change and I miss a particular goal.
Then some days we just feel yucky and need to pat ourselves on the back, not worry too much and think about it tomorrow. Scarlet had it right sometimes.
Hugs to you.
2010-02-28 7:24 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Okay Ghoulie folks. I'll check in this afternoon. Got chores to do, a long run to get in (on the new TREADMILL). I hope I can deal with a long run on the treadmill. No choices today. Then I have to pack up for being on the road all of next week.
Have good Sundays all.
2010-02-28 7:33 AM
in reply to: #2697596

User image

Champion
Bronze member
givemashot - 2010-02-27 11:40 PM Well, from what I can gather fro this one page, some gouhlies are recovering from sucktastic days, others are in the middle of them. Hope te sun comes out and the clouds show their brilliant, gleaming silver lining. We made it to Veags tonight--just got here. Heading to bed now so we can hit the road again at 5 AM to get the rest of the way to Phoenix. I was up until 2:30 this morning, so I skipped my morning swim, and I still was 3 hours late getting ready to go. Where does the time go? You all amaze me when I here abiut what yu pack into one day on the weekends. Looks like hubby won't need me at the expo much this week after all--good thing I brought my running shoes and swimsuit, huh? I'll check in again later. Mwah!!!

You are absolutely required to enjoy that warm weather for us Ghoulies that haven't seen any for a long time! Have fun !
2010-02-28 7:39 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Hey Bill, Check this out if you can. It seems like it would be fun.
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-413571?hpt=Sbin
2010-02-28 7:54 AM

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Good morning everyone!!!

FYI - beer and wings --> GOOD!!!

I had a fantastic night last night.

Went to Hooter's with my friends, got to spend about 5 hours with them. Ate yummy wings, one friend was the DD, the other and I drank a pitcher of beer. I haven't had beer in a long time, I was not a fan of it for a long time. The last two times we've gone out we've had a pitcher of beer. He likes Yuengling, so that's what we got. I must say, it's not too bad.

I'm getting ready to jump on the trainer, then I'm going to change clothes and go for a 5ish mile run. Later today I'll head to the Y and hope to get a better swim in than I did yesterday.

Hope everyone has a GREAT last day of February!

The first day of Spring is not far away!

2010-02-28 7:55 AM

User image

Champion
BEER - WINGS - FANTASTIC FRIENDS - FIRST DAY OF SPRING TOPPAGE!
2010-02-28 8:03 AM

User image

Champion

MORNING GHOULIES.

what a night.  i have to say, i felt really old.  to be surrounded by a bunch of 20 somethings, albeit fun&funny as hell, partying just made me feel incredibly misplaced for lack of a better word.

i have to say though, i hung in there until 1ish.  but since i had to drive myself home, it wasnt all the fun i could of been having.  i missed my chance on a DD.  ah well.  live and learn i guess. 

i knew i couldnt drink/party too hard since i had to do the grown up thing and come home to the boys and work today at the Y.

im working at the Y today so no workout for me.  im hoping to get into some rhythm this week ESPECIALLY with my running.

too much spinnng.

i dunno.  im thinking maybe my events 'feel' to far out, that im having a hard time focusing and getting motivated.

LOL.

im thinking maybe lowering some of my training/racing expectations might be in order.....considering.  but i dont want to give myself too much of an out either.

im sure at some point i'll get my sh^t together.  today just doesnt seem to be the day im gonna do that....or even tomorrow.

any help/advice/feedback/encouragement/support would be OH SO APPRECIATED GHOULIES.

im trying really hard just to be realistic with myself.....and 'kind' to myself for lack of a better word.

im thinking maybe all that frustration i had towards my marriage was part of the 'fuel' for my training and now that is lifting maybe i equated that w motivation
, so it feels like im not as motivated.

when in fact im letting that frustration go, and now i need a new 'source' of motivation...

that and the fact that i thought there would be a certain someone in my life for the time being and that seems to be going a direction i hadnt anticipated.

stacieb

My dear Stacie

You WILL be better than f'ing fine!

Using frustration as fuel may have been exactly it. The good news is the frustration level will drop. It may never go away, but it doesn't have to be a focus anymore.

You have spent a large part of your life focusing on someone else, on something else. Now your focus may have shifted to taking care of your boys, and yourself in your new lives. And that's ok.

If you don't ROCK every event you do this year do you think anyone of us, or anyone of your friends, or members of your tri club will think you are less than a ROCKSTAR?

First and foremost, take care of yourself. If your head isn't in the game this year, so be it. You have a good head on your shoulders. You have the most loyal of fan clubs. And whatever you decide to do this year will be fine by all of us.

We don't care of you lower your expectations of your season. Or even decide not to do a race. Our only expectation of you is that you take care of yourself, and be happy. If anyone has any other expectations of you, they are welcome to schedule an appointment in THE VILLAGE and we will gladly set them straight.

All my Ghoulie love!

Edited by ironannekidd 2010-02-28 8:07 AM
2010-02-28 9:13 AM

User image

Pro
NJ
Morning everybody.  I got to the Y early and put 2300 in the log. I've got 9 miles yet to go on my virtual Alcatraz swim and only two weeks to get it done.  I may not be making it to shore. Surprised  All this snow has messed with my pool time.  Treated myself to a latte on the way home and then did the Dara Torres resistance stretching dvd.  I think that may be it for the day workout wise.  Next:  laundry and bills.
2010-02-28 9:16 AM
in reply to: #2697596

User image

Pro
NJ
givemashot - 2010-02-27 11:40 PM Well, from what I can gather fro this one page, some gouhlies are recovering from sucktastic days, others are in the middle of them. Hope te sun comes out and the clouds show their brilliant, gleaming silver lining. We made it to Veags tonight--just got here. Heading to bed now so we can hit the road again at 5 AM to get the rest of the way to Phoenix. I was up until 2:30 this morning, so I skipped my morning swim, and I still was 3 hours late getting ready to go. Where does the time go? You all amaze me when I here abiut what yu pack into one day on the weekends. Looks like hubby won't need me at the expo much this week after all--good thing I brought my running shoes and swimsuit, huh? I'll check in again later. Mwah!!!

Amy, have a great time in Phoenix.  If you have time, try climbing Camelback Mountain.  Seriously tough workout!  Also, the Artwalk in Scottsdale is always fun.  I think it is on Thursday evenings.
2010-02-28 9:17 AM
in reply to: #2697858

User image

Champion
kcarroll - 2010-02-28 10:13 AM Morning everybody.  I got to the Y early and put 2300 in the log. I've got 9 miles yet to go on my virtual Alcatraz swim and only two weeks to get it done.  I may not be making it to shore. Surprised  All this snow has messed with my pool time.  Treated myself to a latte on the way home and then did the Dara Torres resistance stretching dvd.  I think that may be it for the day workout wise.  Next:  laundry and bills.

I've got some laundry and bills that need taken care of. Can I drop them off while I'm out on my run?

Got 45 minutes done on the trainer. Nothing major, I want to get a good run in today. I'm going to dry off and change clothes then go for my run. The temp says 43 right now so I shouldn't freeze today.

2010-02-28 9:22 AM

User image

Pro
NJ

MORNING GHOULIES.

too much spinnng.

LOL.

im thinking maybe all that frustration i had towards my marriage was part of the 'fuel' for my training and now that is lifting maybe i equated that w motivation, so it feels like im not as motivated.

stacieb

Robin and Ann really said it well.  It's ok for things to be disjointed sometimes.  And motivation can come from many directions.  You'll know it when you find it.  Until then, just be good to yourself in whatever form that means. 

And you ALWAYS have Ghoulie love and support.
2010-02-28 9:23 AM
in reply to: #2697764

User image

Pro
NJ
ironannekidd - 2010-02-28 8:54 AM Good morning everyone!!!

FYI - beer and wings --> GOOD!!!

I had a fantastic night last night.

Went to Hooter's with my friends, got to spend about 5 hours with them. Ate yummy wings, one friend was the DD, the other and I drank a pitcher of beer. I haven't had beer in a long time, I was not a fan of it for a long time. The last two times we've gone out we've had a pitcher of beer. He likes Yuengling, so that's what we got. I must say, it's not too bad.

I'm getting ready to jump on the trainer, then I'm going to change clothes and go for a 5ish mile run. Later today I'll head to the Y and hope to get a better swim in than I did yesterday.

Hope everyone has a GREAT last day of February!

The first day of Spring is not far away!

Sounds like a FANTASTIC way to spend an evening.
2010-02-28 9:25 AM
in reply to: #2697866

User image

Pro
NJ
ironannekidd - 2010-02-28 10:17 AM
kcarroll - 2010-02-28 10:13 AM Morning everybody.  I got to the Y early and put 2300 in the log. I've got 9 miles yet to go on my virtual Alcatraz swim and only two weeks to get it done.  I may not be making it to shore. Surprised  All this snow has messed with my pool time.  Treated myself to a latte on the way home and then did the Dara Torres resistance stretching dvd.  I think that may be it for the day workout wise.  Next:  laundry and bills.

I've got some laundry and bills that need taken care of. Can I drop them off while I'm out on my run?

Got 45 minutes done on the trainer. Nothing major, I want to get a good run in today. I'm going to dry off and change clothes then go for my run. The temp says 43 right now so I shouldn't freeze today.

Sure drop them off.  I procrastinate doing either until the last minute, but then I get on a roll and power my way through.  43 is perfect running weather.  Have a good run.
2010-02-28 11:58 AM

User image

Champion
45 minutes on the trainer - done
5 mile run - done
nap - will be working on that in a few minutes

2010-02-28 12:02 PM

User image

Champion
OK everyone, how many miles are you going to bike in March?

Kim?
Neal?
Tom?
Stacie?
Dee?
Kendra?
Amy?
Melindy?
Katie?

How many miles can you challenge yourself to ride? Come on, think of a number.
Do you have it yet?
Now I want you to give me 10% more than the number you just thought of.

Robin - you said you could do 100. I want 110 from you.
I said I was shooting for 250. I will aim for 275.
Bill - I'm going to let you slide on this one I believe the number you are shooting for is pretty challenging.

You can do it. Every single one of you. I know that you can.

Let's get out there and get the miles!!!

GO GHOULIES!!!

2010-02-28 1:22 PM

User image

Champion
Ames, IA
Good afternoon ghoulies.

I did 2:20 on the drainer this morning.  That was a long time.

Now it's off to a group run and swim.  Good times!
2010-02-28 1:24 PM
in reply to: #2698059

User image

Champion
Ames, IA
ironannekidd - 2010-02-28 12:02 PM OK everyone, how many miles are you going to bike in March?

Kim?
Neal?
Tom?
Stacie?
Dee?
Kendra?
Amy?
Melindy?
Katie?

Do you have it yet?

Bill - I'm going to let you slide on this one I believe the number you are shooting for is pretty challenging.

GO GHOULIES!!!

Good question.  I was planning on shooting for about 400 miles, but with your 10% rule I might as well make it 450.  Doable if the weather cooperates.
2010-02-28 3:49 PM

User image

Champion
I have joined just about everyone in Canada in watchin the game! Its nuts! Haha! Woooooooooooooooooooo!
2010-02-28 5:22 PM
in reply to: #2698059

User image

Elite
ironannekidd - 2010-02-28 10:02 AM OK everyone, how many miles are you going to bike in March?

Kim?
Neal?
Tom? 150 ---> 165
Stacie?
Dee?
Kendra?
Amy?
Melindy?
Katie?

Do you have it yet?

GO GHOULIES!!!

I'm shooting for 150, and I will happily make my goal 165. It'll give me something to shoot for!

I'm also planning on starting off on a pretty amibitious swimming plan this month, so wish me luck. I REALLY wish I had access to an indoor pool, but that's OK. Nothing like cold water for some HTFU points.
2010-02-28 5:31 PM

User image

Elite
Hey Ghoulies... Sorry I haven't been around much, but I've been awfully busy chewing on a life sandwich. It's not that I didn't want to lean on you guys for support, which you are all so wonderful at giving. I just haven't been in a very good place and didn't want to whine any more than I already do.

That said, I'm very happy to see February get put into the rear view mirror. March is going to be another tough month, but I'm optimistic. I'm injury free (for the moment), I've got an ambitious bike goal to meet, and I'm hoping to be signed up for my first Tri later tonight! I'll keep you all posted, but I'm hoping to do the San Diego International in June, which is a slightly shortened Oly (1000M swim and 30K bike... oddly the run is slightly OVER 10K). I'm thinking that if I can stick to my training plan (and avoid injury) that I can give the Clyde division a solid run.

I hope that everyone is having a nice weekend and that your March gets off to a great start tomorrow. I will definitely try to keep my absences few and far between from here out. Silly as it sounds, I feel like I need your support and I truly miss you when I'm "gone." Take care of yourselves, and know that I've got all your backs if you need anything...

2010-02-28 5:32 PM
in reply to: #2698329

User image

Elite
mndymond - 2010-02-28 1:49 PM I have joined just about everyone in Canada in watchin the game! Its nuts! Haha! Woooooooooooooooooooo!

Hey Meilssa, I'd just like to wish your team congratulations on a well earned Gold Medal in Hockey. That was a fantastic game and I thought that both teams represented themselves very well. I hope you enjoyed watching it as much as I did!
2010-02-28 6:02 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

(Ski-Bike Local 2-28-10 007-com.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Ski-Bike Local 2-28-10 007-com.jpg (57KB - 15 downloads)
2010-02-28 8:01 PM

Champion
Woooo! Feb is done!!! YAAAAAAA!!!!

This past week was a bit slack....not going to lie...2 days off. Woooo cardio block....Im going to sit here and try to hear some specific heart sound stuff...woooo

AND WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE WON THHE GAME!!!! O YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

2010-02-28 9:46 PM

Champion
Bronze member
Just want to say I love you guys!
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February part 2!!! Rss Feed  

of 41