Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-02-19 7:28 AM
in reply to: #2680557

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: RE: This year VS. Last year

I will let you know in 3 weeks...I will race my first 2010 Traithlon...March 14th...one of my "A" Olympic Race...The M.I.T. Miami International Triathlon: www.mitriathlon.com 

I had a excellent Season last Year...and...hope the same for this Year....

Good Luck to Everybody this Year...!!!

2010-02-19 7:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Last year I didn't start "training" until the end of April beginning of May...it was my first season of tri's.  This year I have been working wiht a coach to prepare for my HIM in May and IMWI in september and I have already swam more than I did last year and I am 7 hours away on the bike and 17 on the run for passing last years totals....and these have been quality workouts from someone who knows what he doing.  I feel like I am better prepared, but I am nervous that whatever I do will not be enough....last year it was just ride, run, and swim....this year it is by HR and specific swim workouts....worried and nervous but I think I am way ahead...
2010-02-19 10:23 AM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Last year about now I was training hard, some 15 to 20 hour weeks, aiming to crush my second IM. But it was likely too much for this fifty-something adult onset athlete, and way too soon for an August race. I PR'd at a 10k in March, won my age group at a local Oly in May, PR'd a HIM in early July, and then pulled a hamstring. It was possibly just a random acute injury but I suspect accumulating fatigue played a part. I was barely limping through 10k runs again by the time the IM rolled around and I'd been giving up a lot of bike training to try to let the leg recover too. I finished the IM but almost an hour and a half slower than the previous year.

After some time off I've been slowly trying to rebuild, but now one knee is bothering me. So, compared to last year, I'm about 10 lbs heavier, doing half the volume, running slower and hardly biking at all yet. And that's probably enough for now, though I do want to start getting more bike time in soon. It seems the right training load is a constantly moving target. You've got to love the challenge.
2010-02-19 10:24 AM

User image

Pro
Baton Rouge area
Last year in Feb was struggling learing to swim, 100's were my long distance.  Yesterday was a cut back day with 2x500yrd swim.  Didn't get my Tri bike until March so I was riding a mtb and was excited when I hit 16mph.  Other day avg over 19mph on a 1.5 hr ride.

This year will be better.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » This year VS. Last year Rss Feed  

of 2