Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Looking for Advice on Membership Upgrade Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-01 7:18 PM

New user

Subject: Looking for Advice on Membership Upgrade
I am thinking about upgrading my membership to the pay ones and was hoping to ask a few questions first.

I have completed my first season of Tris in 09 (1 indoor mini sprint, 4 outdoor sprints) and I am doing several sprints working my way up to the Olympic in Aug this summer. My times actually got better each race and 3 of 4 where a series on the same course so it was a good scale for me.

My goals for this summer would be to try and get faster in the sprint (would love to be in top 10 of age class 40-44) and to just finish the Olympic. Is there a good plan in the silver membership that would assist the two goals at the same time. My overall plan is to do an IM by 45 and do sprints and Olympics working my way to the 1/2 and full IM. I will be 41 in May. I have a Garmin and keep track of all my training but could be better. I currently can only swim once a week but plan on adding a 2nd day/week mid to end of March. I usually do some type of work out 6 days/wk and 1 rest day so I am willing to put in the time.

Any thoughts or suggestions before I spend more cash on the upgrade. If I have to do my own plan it doesn't make much sense to upgrade. I could just monitor using Garmin connect. Thanks for the assistance.

2010-03-02 4:11 AM
in reply to: #2701091

User image

Expert
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Subject: RE: Looking for Advice on Membership Upgrade
IMO, if anyone is going to catch the tri-bug (and it sounds like you have) that person is going to find lots of useful information on BT. Because of all I have learned from BT as well as the great training log I don't mind one bit paying for an annual membership. I feel I get much more than my money's worth and I want to see BT get even better than it already is.

I chose the silver plan so that I would have access to all of the training plans as well as the upgrades Garmin upload ability in the training log. Eventually, when my fitness gets to a higher level and I become more aggressive in my training, I will almost certainly upgrade to the gold membership so that I will have direct access to the performance forums. There are some really great coaches/minds available there and worth the extra coin.

I am unaware of a better "band-for-your-buck" deal when it comes to great training information, friendly + knowledgeable community, and excellent tools/logs. If you find one (I doubt you will) please post info.
2010-03-02 6:27 AM
in reply to: #2701473

New user

Subject: RE: Looking for Advice on Membership Upgrade
Thanks for the info, and it looks like Silver is teh one I am leaning towards as well. I will start to review the plans that are available in more detail once I upgrade later tonight.
2010-03-03 3:33 PM
in reply to: #2701091

New user

Subject: Looking for Advice on Training Plan Choice
OK, I upgraded to silver and already like the features. The Garmin info uploads very nice from my info on my Garmin connect and was wondering if you can add more then one day at a time. I have to keep going back and forth from Garmin connect to check what day to add in my log for Feb.

On another note: On my original question, would I be better off using a separate sprint plan to help become faster and modify to finish my 1st Olympic in Aug. or use a Olympic plan such as the 16\20wk 2x balanced and modify for my earlier sprints this summer?

Another option would be to use two separate plans which I would start with the sprint and then switch to the Olympic once I did the 1st sprint in June.

I want to add a plan tonight and start modifying so any suggestions would be great. Thank you.
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Looking for Advice on Membership Upgrade Rss Feed