General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New member, old guy... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-04 3:59 PM

SE MI
Subject: New member, old guy...
Hey fellow triathletes! Greg here. Longtime weekend warrior. 47(almost 48) years old, married with children (wife does tri's and runs too!), been doing tri's since about '94. Only would do 1 or 2 a summer and sometimes skip summers all together. Like a lot of you I'm sure, I have a lot of hobbies and unfortunately don't have time for all. This year I've made a commitment to do more tri's. 3 or 4 sprints with an oly toward the end of the season. I gave up one hobby temporarily due to the economy. Being a residential general contractor in Michigan isn't the most lucrative profession right now! At any rate, just sold my SCCA race car(hence my user name, scca for the Sports Car Club of America, its for the class I raced, Improved Touring S in a Mazda RX7, and 5, my former car number.) People are generally curious where user names come from so now you know!
I still play competitive adult league hockey and skate 2 or 3 times a week, I try to run on off days or rollerblade(weather and family permitting) so I've been able to stay in pretty decent shape and don't really have to train much to do a sprint. I grew up water skiing and still do so an ows doesn't bother me. I've been thrown off a boat or not picked up in the middle of the lake many a time in the old days so an 800m ows isn't so bad!
At any rate, been doing the tri's on an '89 Trek 1200 with some old Profile aero bars that I must have 10,000 miles on. This year, I'm taking some of the race car proceeds and want to invest in a tri specific bike. I'll post that topic in the appropriate forum.
My goal is to go from a mid pack age grouper in the local events, to a top 5 guy. I have a neighbor that is one AG lower than me but is a top 3 guy and has done 70.3's and is signed up to do the Louisville IM. He's been an inspiration and very helpful.
Sorry to be so long winded!
Just wanted to say hello!

2010-03-05 7:58 AM
in reply to: #2708258

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia
Subject: RE: New member, old guy...
Sounds like you have a great support system in place, along with plenty of inspiration. Plus you have concrete goals. You are well on your way to your best season ever. Welcome to BT.
2010-03-06 9:06 PM
in reply to: #2708258

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
Subject: RE: New member, old guy...
Welcome to BT
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New member, old guy... Rss Feed