General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 8th Annual New Balance Girls on the Run 5K & Fun Run - April 17, 2010 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-21 4:39 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh
Subject: 8th Annual New Balance Girls on the Run 5K & Fun Run - April 17, 2010
Thought I'd help out the sister-in-law and post this here for all:

If you aren't already racing in some event on Saturday, April 17th, I thought you might be interested in volunteering for the 8th Annual New Balance Girls on the Run 5K & Fun Run Presented by Duke Children's Hospital & Health Center on April 17, 2010 at the American Tobacco Campus in downtown Durham. Also, if you would pass this on to any of your racing buddies that would be awesome. I'm co-leading the Volunteer recruitment and we are struggling for volunteers so far this year. Here's more info:

This event is the principal fundraiser for GOTR and serves as the culminating event for our 12-week after-school program. GOTR is a character building program for 8-12 year old girls that uses running and walking to teach important life lessons that lead to a more empowered, confident and healthier outlook on life. This year's event promises to be bigger and better than ever as we work to make it a spectacular day for girls and their families, neighbors and friends, students and residents, casual joggers and competitive runners in the area. The start and finish line for the 5K will be at the American Tobacco Campus in downtown Durham, and the family fun festival with games and activities for kids of all ages.

Volunteer tasks include helping with registration, staffing the family fun festival, serving as a race course marshal, and shifts are available at various times between 6 am and noon. 

Volunteers can register here: http://www.sportoften.com/events/eventDetails.cfm?pEventId=4493

Please pass this along to anyone and everyone!!

Please help out if you can!

Thanks!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 8th Annual New Balance Girls on the Run 5K & Fun Run - April 17, 2010 Rss Feed