General Discussion Triathlon Talk » When all else fails, trust yourself...bike fit NOW dialed in Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-30 12:41 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: When all else fails, trust yourself...bike fit NOW dialed in
So I've been to a couple of bike fittings, and I've always trusted the "magic" of the fit, but I always felt I was sitting too low, and my legs were never getting the power I needed and they felt "cramped" between my ribs.  Last night I decided to move the seat up 1/2 an inch, and it was amazing the difference.  My legs were able to move more freely, cadence improved, and it felt as if power improved.  Can't wait to get her back outside this weekend.  I always feel like I am squatting a bit on the hills - now maybe I'll feel like I'm attacking them.    Long story short - tweak until you feel comfortable; don't always wait.

2010-03-30 1:07 PM
in reply to: #2758102

User image

Extreme Veteran
New York
Subject: RE: When all else fails, trust yourself...bike fit NOW dialed in
I did the same thing. Had a bike fit from a very good fitter/coach who works with elite athletes. But the seat felt too low and like you, I felt cramped and like I couldn't get my full power out of my legs. AND then my knees started hurting. So I said What the heck, I can always move it back, and I moved my seat up about an inch. Voila, instant power, faster cadence, comfort, and no knee pain.  Never moved it back!

So, like you, I say go to the experts, but in the end, realize that the true expert on your body is you.

Kelly 
2010-03-30 1:17 PM
in reply to: #2758102

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sault Ste. Marie
Subject: RE: When all else fails, trust yourself...bike fit NOW dialed in
Ive never had a bike fit.
I really love my new position, i can look up constantly and i feel very relaxed with my forearms on the aerobar-pads.

I placed my seat very far forward and this gave me my satisfaction.  The bike i own is wonderful.  Argon18 Mercury.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » When all else fails, trust yourself...bike fit NOW dialed in Rss Feed