General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race the Rock, Whidbey Island Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-30 8:03 PM

User image

New user

Clinton, WA
Subject: Race the Rock, Whidbey Island Triathlon : Official Thread
I live in Clinton and ride every weekend (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) on the south end of Whidbey if anyone would like to join me. I have a few nice 20 mile courses on quiet roads. I also know of some good 5-7 mile runs.

2010-03-30 10:40 PM
in reply to: #2759067

User image

lake stevens
Subject: RE: Race the Rock, Whidbey Island Triathlon : Official Thread

I live on the mainland however my family has a cabin in Greenbank. I start riding more over on Whidbey once the weather is a little nicer. Next time I'm over and have a chance to do some training I will look ya up. Always enjoy riding anywhere on Whidbey.
See ya,
Kerry

2010-03-31 5:20 PM
in reply to: #2759335

User image

New user

Clinton, WA
The amazing thing about the weather out here is I started riding outdoors two months ago and haven't missed a weekend yet. One of the weekend days always clears up and I get out without getting wet! Knock on wood

Running OTH was pretty soggy last Sunday!
2010-04-04 11:04 PM

User image

Veteran

I'm in this year!  I did the race in '08 and then missed it last year due to a brand new baby.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I rode from Clinton to Langley and back a few weeks ago.  I sure love the hills on the Island   I love the bakery in Langley even moreTongue out 

Good luck and happy training.

2010-04-29 6:41 AM

User image

New user

Hey windman. I'm really new to Triathlon and am hoping to get into it more now that I have done my first. I'm a teacher and live in Europe, but have a home in Oak Harbor that I go back in the summers. I should be there near the end of June. My family and I love South Whidbey, and will be down there a bit. Maybe I could bring my bike sometime over the summer. I am registered for the Whidbey Tri and will need some training! 

Also, do you recommend a wetsuit for the Goss Lake? I suck at swimming so I thought that it would at least help keep me afloat! Laughing

Talk to you soon... Chad "Orca" (i'm registered for the "orca" division in the whidbey tri!)

2010-05-04 11:05 AM
in reply to: #2824773

User image

New user

Clinton, WA
Hey Chad, would be happy to ride with you in June. I even have an extra 58 cm bike if you want to use it. I recommend a wetsuit. I used one last time and definitely intend to this year. It's a long enough swim that I think it's worthwhile. The water temp isn't an issue though. Honestly, the first time I used a wetsuit I felt like I was cheating. So much easier for me at least.

2010-08-03 9:44 PM

User image

Veteran
So...who is going to be there Saturday?  I'm in.  I'll be wearing a neon yellow DeSoto tri top.  Say hi if you see me.
2010-08-04 9:48 AM
in reply to: #3022136

User image

New user

Clinton, WA
I'm still in!! The lake is nice and warm. A few swimmers there on Monday after work.
2010-08-17 3:13 PM

hello!
My husband and I will be in greenbank this weekend....can anyone recommend any great rides, runs, or swims????  We are thinking Goss lake, but besides that, we really don't know. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race the Rock, Whidbey Island Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed