General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What a difference a day makes. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-08 8:29 AM

Regular
St.John's
Subject: What a difference a day makes.
After a day off , Carbs , fluids and a good rest I feel unbelievable. Yesterday was so tough just to get to work. Easter break starts today for me, so I am off to the pool. Thanks to those who told me to take it easy yesterday. Hardest part about yesterday was convincing myself not to train.Anyone else here obsessed with training ?

Dan

2004-04-08 8:55 AM
in reply to: #17206

User image

Expert
Evansville, IN
Subject: RE: What a difference a day makes.
Remember the golden rule Dan. SLEEP is probably the most important tool in a good consistent training program. Your body gets stronger and heals itself when you sleep/rest. Although, I will admit, it's hard to slow down when you are training and feeling good. I just always remind myself that an injury will MAKE me take time off spo don't forget to rest. :-) ;-)
2004-04-08 10:02 AM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Good for you! I hear you about the obsession. I recently took a rest day, but then went at it again and now I'm sick. I am so frustrated! I feel like I'm going to climb the walls since I haven't been able to do much (except check out this website).

I'm glad you are doing better :-)
2004-04-08 10:20 AM
in reply to: #17232

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Great Pacific Northwest
I'm the same way. For me, I think it's a fear that a day off will lead to two. I always take Sundays off (unless I took another day off during the week). I may go do something, but I don't "train".

I woke up this morning with an infected toe! How frustrating. I have a five mile race on Saturday and I so wanted to have a good time. I'm soaking it before heading to work and will do so again tonight. Hopefully I can draw out the infection enough to run comfortably.
2004-04-08 12:02 PM

Regular
St.John's
Sorry to hear both of you have the blues about not training.Don't be frustrated it will only stress you out and keep you from getting better.

I wish I had some advice for the infected toe, but as of yet I haven't had any problems with the feet. Soak in salty water maybe ..or is it beyond that ?How is the swimming going teechur ?

I couldn't find my goggles today ... I loose everything. So went for a run instead and it felt great. About 6 miles in 50 mins . Not bad for me as you will have to understand the snow has just recently left the roads around here.

I made a great shake before hand.
@half cup Cottage cheese ,
@half cup mixed wildberrys ( frozen kind from Costco.... blueberrys, rasberrys, blackberrys)
1 pouch of carnation instant breakfast ( vanillia)
1 cup pf milk.
oh yeah throw it in the blender.
It was kind of thick but smooth .Mild tasting.

I am off to buy goggles for this evenings swim :-)
Loving easter break so far .

Dan

Edited by Canadian_newfie 2004-04-08 12:06 PM
2004-04-08 1:58 PM

User image

New user

Sgt. Bluff, IA
Boy, do I hear you, teechur! I think that is my biggest problem, too. I am new enough at this that I am so scared that if I take any time off, I will never start again! But, I always feel better after a break. I WAS taking today off due to a sore (maybe just from not stretching properly?) back. It feels much better now. I am debating trying to get in a game of racquetball tonight with the hubby, then hang out in the pool with the kids. I feel like such a slug when I don't do ANYTHING.....

2004-04-08 10:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Great Pacific Northwest
Hey Dan! The swimming is going GREAT! Oh yeah, I'm still slow and I still flounder, but the difference between last week and this week is astounding. I leave with a smile on my face so I know it went well. My goals are small, but reachable. I'm a HUGE goal maker. I have to have something to work towards, so right now it's 10 laps without stopping (in other words, getting my timing down well enough so I don't have to stop) doing the freestyle.

I'm soaking the toe in epson salts. I think tomorrow I'll do just the aerobics and maybe some weight lifting, no running or biking (other than liesure biking). Saturday I have a five mile race and last race I worked out hard the day before and pulled a darn calf muscle! I learned my lesson! So tomorrow at the "kick your behind all over the Y and back again" class I'm going to tell the instructor that I'm taking it somewhat easy.

(Does that count as a day off?? Probably not...)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What a difference a day makes. Rss Feed