General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » My Intro Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-08 11:42 AM

St. Petersburg, FL
Subject: My Intro
Hello. I tend to lurk so my first goal is to try and get involved! So, here it is!
I am 29, married with 2 cats and pretty new to the whole fitness craze. I started running about 4 months ago. I changed my eating habits in March 02 when I noticed that my behind was, well, HUGE! I have lost 87 pounds since. I joined a gym for the first time ever in Feb. 03 and started working out with a personal trainer in April. Now, almost 1 year from starting with the trainer, I am down almost 35 pounds and 40 inches. I still have 16 pounds to goal (which seems to be taking forever!). My best friend does Tris and I have been inspired by her. I am going to do my first in July. I have run three 5ks since Jan. and have been improving my time each time. I am going to buy a bike soon...so right now I am only training on the gym bike. I started swimming about 5 weeks ago...I think last week was the first week that I didn't look like I was drowning. I am very excited but also terrified! Any advice about training (I run 3 days a week, bike 2, swim 1, crosstrain 1 and weight train 2) or food is welcomed. Well, thats my intro.
Sheryl

2004-04-08 12:51 PM
in reply to: #17268

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-04-08 3:23 PM

New user

Sgt. Bluff, IA
Subject: RE: My Intro

Welcome! I am astonished at all you have accomplished!  I am trying to lose some weight as well, which is what got me involved.  I have lost 20 (although, I think I have lost more actual fat than that, and gained a ton of muscle.  I don't look like I weigh as much as I do.) and I have 40 to go.  I love reading about successes like yours, as I tend to get discouraged at anything that takes a long time.

I started walking on my treadmill for 20 minutes a day just to facilitate weight loss about 8 weeks ago.  It took FOREVER to get one mile.    I hated every minute of it!  Then, on a whim, I tried to run a little.  I just loved it!  So, I ran every day (well, at least 5 or 6 of 7 days) and couldn't believe how much I improved in all areas. 

I ran my first 5K last week and think I caught the bug!  My husband did a tri 2 years ago and I had really enjoyed it and decided I wanted to do one.  But, of course, I didn't do anything about my dream at that time.  But, now I am having so much fun actually doing something to make my dreams come true, instead of just wishing.  It is so exciting! 

Welcome!  There are a lot of really wonderful people here!

2004-04-08 3:26 PM

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome! Awesome story! Glad that you have found this site.

As far as advice, if swimming is your weak piece, maybe add a day! Of course, I'm no expert - I am a terrible swimmer, but I am learning!

Keep us posted!
2004-04-08 3:37 PM
in reply to: #17367

St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks for the welcome! Congrats on the first 5K. It is such a wonderful feeling coming across that finish line. I can't wait to cross a bunch of finish lines....keep me updated on your races....Good luck!
2004-04-08 8:42 PM

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho

WoW!!

Nice Job!

2004-04-08 10:37 PM

Extreme Veteran
Epworth. Iowa
welcome - stunning! With your profile you might looki at the "Swim focused" training plan on this site. Also - soy was magic for me - (in terms of weight loss) - here's alink that could help: http://www.thesoydailyclub.com/

Your "fitness craze" will be your "fitness lifestyle" and you will never be the same - great to have you with us.
2004-04-08 11:35 PM

Central Louisiana
Welcome to the board and great to have you here!  Congrats on the weight loss.
2004-04-08 11:44 PM

Veteran
San Diego CA
What an awesome intro! You've accomplished so much already. Everyone here is so helpful, and what a fabulous knowledge base! welcome!
2004-04-09 10:03 AM

I second the "WOW"! What great accomplishments you have made.

For training ideas -- this site has several training plans to choose from and play with. So scout around them and use what works for you.

Welcome the the board -- you are going to love it here. Glad you took that first step and reached the goal of posting!

2004-04-10 9:57 AM

Veteran
budapest, hungary.
wow !!!!
you were working a lot last two years , you must be very dedicated.
i'm sure you'll do fine.
good luck on your jurney.

2004-04-10 2:30 PM

, Alabama

Impressive accomplishments!  You're pretty inspirational yourself!  Welcome to the forum.

Sharon

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » My Intro Rss Feed