General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from South Carolina Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-02 1:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Virginia
Subject: New from South Carolina
Hi Everyone,
Been lurking for a couple months and volunteered at my first tri yesterday (Try Charleston) and was so inspired by all the athletes that I signed up for my first on June 20th when I got home.

Been working on my swimming (it sucks) and bought a bike last weekend (love biking! who knew!), running isn't really a problem, I'm a marathon veteran and have been running for about 10 years now.

So now I'm onto this grand adventure and loving it so far!

Oh and I guess the basics would be:

Maggie

2010-05-09 1:27 AM
in reply to: #2831444

User image

Master
Subject: RE: New from South Carolina
Welcome!! 

I'm from SC too.  Attending Clemson right now! Good luck with your training and future races!! 
2010-05-09 4:38 AM

User image

On your right
Hey there Maggie, welcome to the site.  Awesome with the volunteering, that really helps a lot to have lots of those.

Where in SC are you?

Feel free to ask any questions you have, people are quite helpful around here.  And if you ever have a question for someone that's way slower than you, feel free to PM me.

~Chad
2010-05-10 11:16 AM

Hi, welcome to the site. I am from charleston too. I have no experience in any type or racing but want to start with the sprint series. My wife works for the Rehabilitation Centers of Charleston (RCC) and volunteers at alot of the races including the cooper river swim, so I have been to a bunch of races with her. Now I want to race myself. I dont know if i will be ready by june but I am hoping to start competing in July. Good luck to you and maybe I will be racing with you some time in the future.

Kris
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from South Carolina Rss Feed