General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for others in the Jersey City / Hoboken area to train Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-06-28 12:01 PM

New user

Jersey City, NJ
Subject: Looking for others in the Jersey City / Hoboken area to train
Hi! I’m new to BT and new to the world of triathlons. I’d like to start (or join) a group/club in the Jersey City/Hoboken area. I don’t have a car so I can’t join any of the Jersey tri-clubs that I’ve found on the web and Central Park is really far away sometimes. I’ve been searching and waiting for someone with more experience than I to start up a club in the area but I haven’t come across anything yet. I’d like to find (or start up) a fun group to do bike rides with on Sundays, maybe a run or a bike ride during the week…AM or PM, carpool to races and open water swim practices, etc. I’ve been running for a long time but I’m VERY new to cycling and triathlons (I only bought a bike to start doing triathlons). I just completed my first sprint triathlon a week ago so I don’t know much about the sport but I’m good at organizing and I’m willing to lead if people show an interest. I’d like to do at least 2-3 more Sprint triathlons this year.

Let me know if you live in the area and are interested in joining a casual training group.

Thanks!
Sandy

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for others in the Jersey City / Hoboken area to train Rss Feed