Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Ode to an orange tree Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-08 11:20 PM

, Alabama
Subject: Ode to an orange tree

We have this great orange tree in our back yard.  When we planted it 10 years ago, our oldest son was just a toddler.  We even have a picture of him with dirt on his little face and a digger in his pudgy hand helping daddy plant it.  Today we got another note on our front door from the Dept. of Agriculture, saying our tree doesn't show signs of citrus canker but may still be cut down if another tree within 1900 feet of this one shows signs of it.  They come by every 3-6 months, checking for the canker and leave us this note.  If they see anything wrong, they can cut down that orange tree.  It's been a huge fight with residents of all the counties in my area, because they can chop down perfectly healthy trees just because there is a sick one nearby.  Every time I get the note saying we're okay for another 3 months I breathe a sigh of relief.  It wouldn't bother me so much if there weren't a picture of that sweet toddler helping plant it. 

Sharon

Edited by snikpos 2004-04-08 11:21 PM

2004-04-09 12:49 AM
in reply to: #17450

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by Lara_SD 2004-04-09 12:49 AM
2004-04-09 7:18 AM
in reply to: #17450

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
Subject: RE: Ode to an orange tree
I hear ya Sharon. We planted a beautiful Maple in our yard with the kids when they were little. It was tough on them when we moved, they had named the tree and everything. We have pictures of them with it over the years and even had to trasnplant it when we needed to do some septic work.

I hope you have your orange tree for many years
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Ode to an orange tree Rss Feed