General Discussion Triathlon Talk » power tap wheel options Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-05-07 1:10 AM
in reply to: #2839972

User image

Subject: RE: power tap wheel options
The PT hub actually measures your speed and cadence...but at times can be unreliable...not sure how much so, but the fact that they sell the sensors makes me believe that it may be worth having.

The speed and cadence sensor are sold separately.  They are actually the same thing...so if you want speed and cadence, you need to get 2 of them.  It can also be good if you plan to use other wheels with your bike.  Because if you don't have the PT wheel on, you can still use the computer and the speed/cadence sensors.

I believe the difference in the elite and the pro is mainly the weight.  But I think the PT website also mentions that the Pro can do onboard analysis...whatever that means.

2010-05-07 10:30 PM
in reply to: #2842808

User image

Elite
Miami
Subject: RE: power tap wheel options
carlwithac - 2010-05-06 10:30 PM That is true.  I didn't initially see that TriSports didn't provide the whole package.

I am trying to compare the Elite+ with the Pro+ and trying to see if it is worth the extra $$ for a Pro.

Pro+:
includes HR strap
lighter

Elite+:
no HR strap
heavier

The PTs say that they display speed/cadence but do they come with the necessary sensors?  I notice that wheelbuilder sells the wired speed/cadence sensor.  Is this because it is not included in the basic PT package?

just so you know i quoted prices for wheel + hub only.  i already have a 310xt and don't need much else.  with that i have speed i also have cadence sensor and hr strap.  so my 310 has everything...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » power tap wheel options Rss Feed  

of 2