General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Speed/Interval Workouts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-09 9:59 AM

User image

Regular
North Carolina, USA
Subject: Speed/Interval Workouts
Well Hello,

So this is my concern, I figure that once I start to get a good base of mileage in, which should be by mid May, I'm going to start incorporating speed into my routine as well. I know pretty much how to do it for running. This is my plan for that, maybe do some fartleks, 800m/1200m/1600m repeats on a track, hill repeats, trail workouts, tempo runs. I can pretty much also apply these to swimming, but just shorten the distances and what not. However, my concern is with the bike. How might one be able to get more speed of of the cycling part after getting a good base in? If someone has any other ideas as what to do for running workouts let me know. And Aidan, what type of workouts do you guys do down under for track? I'm out.

Cory

2004-04-09 11:22 AM
in reply to: #17513

User image

Expert
Lafayette, CO
Subject: RE: Speed/Interval Workouts
You can do intervals on the bike, too. If you have a favorite path you bike, you can pick out objects (driveway, mailbox, sign) to sprint between. Alternatively, you can pick up the pace for a set amount of time, then back off (30 sec. sprint, 30 sec. recovery, etc.)

In my neighborhood, people don't always abide by the stop signs, so I try to sprint through intersections as fast as possible. Feels like I'm a smaller target that way.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Speed/Interval Workouts Rss Feed