General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Balanced Lifestyle Oly Plan Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-11 4:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison
Subject: Balanced Lifestyle Oly Plan Question

This is my second year of training and I am trying to follow the Balanced Lifestyle plan.  Running is my weakest sport. Race in 1 month.  This weekend I did my first longish bike (25 miles) and wanted to do a long run the next day.  My legs just didn't seem recovered enough to run.  Not sure if I just need to work through it this weekend and do a long bike brick on Satuday and then long run on Sunday - or move the brick to another day so my legs are fresher on for my long run.

Also - been having some family health stressers to - so that may have had something to do with crappy run this weekend.

Thanks for any insights!

2010-05-11 5:00 PM
in reply to: #2852412

User image

Expert
Alabama
Subject: RE: Balanced Lifestyle Oly Plan Question
amykmo - 2010-05-11 4:52 PM

This is my second year of training and I am trying to follow the Balanced Lifestyle plan.  Running is my weakest sport. Race in 1 month.  This weekend I did my first longish bike (25 miles) and wanted to do a long run the next day.  My legs just didn't seem recovered enough to run.  Not sure if I just need to work through it this weekend and do a long bike brick on Satuday and then long run on Sunday - or move the brick to another day so my legs are fresher on for my long run.

Also - been having some family health stressers to - so that may have had something to do with crappy run this weekend.

Thanks for any insights!

I'm interested in this also, as i'm looking to follow the same plan for my OLY.
2010-05-11 6:13 PM
in reply to: #2852412

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe
Subject: RE: Balanced Lifestyle Oly Plan Question
As you up the distance, you will feel more fatigued when you hit the next workout.  Unless you are in pain, usually you will need to work through it.  Just don't injure yourself.  =)

You should have a low week of volume for your body to recover before you hit the next big peak or taper.  It's my experience that larger volume weeks will wear you out.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Balanced Lifestyle Oly Plan Question Rss Feed