Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Carleton place Tri a Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-14 11:25 AM

New user

Subject: Carleton place Tri a Tri
 I aswell have taken the leap and signed up for a tri a tri, 400m swim 20km bike and 5 km run.  The moutain bike will get a good workout.  I just wonder, do you wear the same thing the for all the events, or do you have a special suite... Real new here.Smile.  I am on a budget thats why the question clothing. 
 Any body else doing that race ?

Thank
Mark.

2010-05-14 11:39 AM
in reply to: #2859043

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Subject: RE: Carleton place Tri a Tri
Yay!  I wear the same thing (just a bathing suit) for tris - but as a guy you'll have to either put on a shirt or have a tri-top on as most races require your chest to be covered...

I did that race years ago - it was a great event!
2010-05-14 3:18 PM
in reply to: #2859043

User image

Master
Rural Ontario
Subject: RE: Carleton place Tri a Tri
When I did my first try-a-tri I wore a standard pair of baggy beach trunks in the lake, then put on a cotton tee-shirt when I got out of the water an wore that the whole race. It did the job but the shorts were like a parachute in the water, and putting on a wet cotton Tee was a pain in the @ss.

If I went back in time, I'd spend $50 and get the following: 

1. Some cheap swim jammers or speedos. I got a pair on sale for $20 at a local swim shop.  They make shorts for training in the pool, and let you swim in proper position.  An you can use them to race a short triathlon. (My background was NOT swimming, so I  feel a bit 'fruity' wearing these in public at first, but quickly got over it when I saw tons of other guys doing the same. 

2. Get a cheap tri-top from a bargain bin at the local tri store (D'Ornellas in Scarborough had some nice Pearl Izumi's for $16).  The tri-top is snug enouogh to swim in and you just get out of the water and keep racing without having to  worry about dressing.

3. Make your own race belt. These are the elastic clip-on belts that triathletes usae to put their race numbers on - It saves you from having to pin on a race bib. Just clip in and go. All you need is a 40" black elastic band, and a plastic clip. Pin the bib to the belt. Voila. less than $4 at Walmart.

Cheers,
Mark
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Carleton place Tri a Tri Rss Feed