General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT get togethers at Hawaii Races Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-17 7:24 PM

User image

Subject: BT get togethers at Hawaii Races
Hey guys.  I'm fairly new to the tri scene and BT.  I was hoping to see if we could set up a thread to let everyone know which races you plan to do and if you're interested in meeting up with other BTers before or after some of the local races.

I have a busy race schedule.
I'm doing the 40k TT next week, the north shore swim series, the tinman, and possibly the dick evans road race if I can build enough endurance.  I'll also be training for the honolulu marathon and do the Nolasco half marathon and the 30k to tune up.

Hopefully those of you doing Honu can meet up as well. 

My name is Jason, and you can PM me if you want my cell number and we can meet up if you're at any of my upcoming races.

Aloha...train safe...race safe...have fun.

2010-05-19 5:35 AM
in reply to: #2864506

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii
Subject: RE: BT get togethers at Hawaii Races
sounds like a plan !

good to keep in touch with local BT'ers...
2010-05-21 12:37 AM

User image

Expert
Maui, Hawaii
Hi Jason,
Me, too (new to tris and BT).  I'd love to know if there are any other BTrs on Maui?  My circle of friends/acquaintances does not currently include anyone in triathlon.  Mostly runners.  I guess that makes me special? Ha!  Would especially love to meet up with others new to tri for training, etc.

Good luck to you both in 2010.  Perhaps our paths will cross at some point?

2010-07-12 11:06 AM

User image

Regular
Whites Creek, Tennessee
Hey Jason,

I just moved here for a short time frame (until Feb 2011), but wouldn't mind linking up for a few rides. Because of my job, I am early to work and back late so can't really hit the bricks until the weekend, but I ride with the PacVelo folks on Sat mornings at IB&T at 0730, always a good hard ride

I am thinking of doing the Tinman too, plus the Honolulu Century Ride (don't have the gas yet for the Dick Evans) Hope to see you around

Andrew
2010-07-12 3:23 PM
in reply to: #2975063

User image

Hey Andrew,

I usually ride Saturdays with the Cambio/Core group @ 6:30.  Sundays I'll usually hook up with the Tradewinds group @ 7:30 am.

This Sunday I'm thinking about racing Pineapple hill.  Well...not really racing it persay, because I plan to ride long on Saturday...but more as self torture in prep for Dick Evans.

2 weeks ago, I was 100% sure I was pulling out of Tinman...but my PT gave me the green light to jump in the pool today...so we'll see how that goes.  I haven swam in over a month due to a shoulder injury.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT get togethers at Hawaii Races Rss Feed