General Discussion Triathlon Talk » any central NY/Syracuse area BTers? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-07-01 2:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boston, MA
Subject: any central NY/Syracuse area BTers?

I just moved to Syracuse, NY from Connecticut and am looking for some training partners or just some fellow BTers to hang out with. I moved up here for grad school at Syracuse University two days ago and am really excited.

My bike has yet to make the trip up here, so i think i'm going to have stick to running and swimming (once i make my way to the SU pool).

Let me know if any BTers out there are in the area, and could at least chat with me for a while about training routes, tri shops, etc . . .

thanks!

2005-07-01 10:51 PM
in reply to: #188373

Veteran
Subject: RE: any central NY/Syracuse area BTers?
Well I'm not from Syracuse, but about 5 hours south on Long Island. But I am sure there are people up there to train with. Good luck in finding people. Goodness knows I'll be doing a little runing up there in 2 weeks since I'll be there for a wedding.
2005-10-26 8:19 AM

User image

I'm moving to the North Syracuse area in January. I will need to find some training partners to stay motivated through the winter.
2005-10-30 6:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boston, MA
What brings you to the area?
I want to stay really active this winter despite the snow... so I might have to buy some trail shoes for the snow and do some extra swim/bike trainer workouts.... but another BTer in the area would be a great way to keep my but off the couch!
2005-10-31 7:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Northeast
I used to live in Syracuse - went to SU actually. There's a good mix of athletes near the campus area, and I believe SU has a tri-club of their own now. Also, check out http://www.cnytriathlon.org for the local group.

Feel free to drop me a note if you need some advice on training rides, runs, etc...

Edited by jvinciqu 2005-10-31 7:06 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » any central NY/Syracuse area BTers? Rss Feed