General Discussion Triathlon Talk » About Family Fitness July 4th Duathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-07-01 2:42 PM

User image

Elite
South Florida
Subject: About Family Fitness July 4th Duathlon
Is anyone else doing this one in Sunrise? I just signed up and I am nervous already - it is my first race. I wasn't planning it so I can't even imagine how I'll do. I already told my husband to plan on being there for a LONG time to watch me come in last

Amy

2005-07-01 7:43 PM
in reply to: #188394

User image

Master
South Florida
Subject: RE: About Family Fitness July 4th Duathlon
My husband is doing this race...I am volunteering..not sure what my job will be.   It will be a great race!!  Good for you for signing up!
2005-07-01 8:08 PM

Extreme Veteran
My daughter is doing the race on the 4th. Multirace puts on a good race for a first timer. Their races are very well organised and a lot of fun. Good luck and have fun!
2005-07-01 10:05 PM

User image

Elite
South Florida
I'm so happy some other bt people will be there.

Mimi - I was about to PM you to tell you I decided on this race at the last minute. I don't know what made me think I couldn't do a 5K but could do this?! Oh well, even if I have to walk the entire second two miles it will be fun and good practice for my tri. I hope I get to meet you there.

Hermom - I looked some of your daughter's race reports - she is so good! At my best I am one of the slowest people according to the race results I just saw. I'll just keep reminding myself other people have a lot more time than I do to train - it will make me feel better!

I have to use my rusty old mt. bike so I signed up for the fat tire division. Someone on the other thread mentioned there may not be many people in that division. I just looked at the results from the other du's this season and there were never more than 4 fat tire female entries - so I might even get a medal!! My daughters would be SO excited - they keep asking if I'm going to win.

I need to go figure out whether it is easier for me to get to Coral Springs or Plantation to pick up my race packet. I have to figure out how to attach the number ahead of time. I am so unprepared - we don't even have a bike rack. We weren't planning on doing any races down here so we've never needed one yet. The plan right now is to take two cars - my husband will drive in the convertible with the bike in the back and I'll drive the kids.

Hope to see you all there,
Amy
2005-07-02 9:46 AM
in reply to: #188747

Extreme Veteran
If you are close enough to pick up your packet early, that makes race morning less stressful, the lines for packet pick-up are usually pretty long. And the lines for body marking get longer later in the morning. Attaching the number to the bike is easy, the number has adhesive on the sides so you just put it over the frame and it sticks to the frame and to itself. If you have a number belt, that works well for the run portion. Otherwise, they will give you safety pins and you can pin your number to your top. Most important thing of all is to relax and enjoy the experience. Afterall, there is only one "first time"!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » About Family Fitness July 4th Duathlon Rss Feed