General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PD Jammers vs. PD T2 Clip-ons Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-22 9:14 AM

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
Subject: PD Jammers vs. PD T2 Clip-ons
I have been running a set of PD Jammers on my roadie getting ready for IMWI.  I had a good fit done and have started spending more time in the Jammers the last several weeks.  My experience thus far is that after a few minutes in the aero position my forearms get sore and I feel like my hands/wrists are "jammed" up possibly due to the steep upward angle on the Jammers. (Maybe thats why they call them JammersSmile).  I talked to my fitter and he said that I can certainly come back and he will work with me, but I don't want to start tweaking my fit until I get more miles in.  Some of it is getting my upper body used to having more weight on it vs. my former classic road position.

So my question to all of you out there is: Have you had similar experiences and if so what did you do?  If you switched to the T2's did it correct the problem?

My fitter did say that the T2's have a lot of adjustability and those are what he recommends if the Jammers won't work for me.

Thanks for the input!

2010-05-22 12:28 PM
in reply to: #2875433

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: PD Jammers vs. PD T2 Clip-ons

Can you post a photo of your bike fit?

I've never looked at the two bars side by side, but the Jammers are "shorty" bars.  Can the T2 be shortened to the same length as the Jammers?  If not, then your entire fit will have to be changed.

Also, the T2 is pretty extreme with your wrists rotated almost the entire way forward.  This is an uncomfortable position for quite a few people.

The T1+ might be another option over the T2 which gives a comfortable position.  But again, the length is an issue.
2010-05-22 12:36 PM
in reply to: #2875576

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
Yeah, I tried to add an edit but was too late.  I would probably lean towards the T1.  I don't have any pics since my recent fit.  My fitter said he would set me up on the new ones if I went that route.

I think I can set some T1's or 2's up with positioning the same as I have now.  Keep the same shoulder, elbow, hip angles but relax my hands a little.  I could use the elbow pads back a little.  They are about 3" in front of my elbow.  Could I just slide the T1's back enough to keep my hands in the same place at a shallower angle and get the pads more under my elbows?

Edited by Gregkl 2010-05-22 12:41 PM
2010-05-22 8:45 PM
in reply to: #2875433

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PD Jammers vs. PD T2 Clip-ons Rss Feed