General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Automatic pool lap counters -HELP Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-22 7:05 PM

Encinitas, CA
Subject: Automatic pool lap counters -HELP
I often lose count of my laps in the pool and it becomes rather annoying. I have heard of automatic lap counters that count laps, strokes, time, distance ,efficiency and whatever else such as the Swimovate Pool-Mate and the Oregon Scientific SW202 Swimwatch. Does anyone have any experience with these gadgets, either these brands or or others? I have tried regular lap counters but even there I sometimes forget to press the button if I am concentrating and just out of breath. I appreciate any help. Thanks

2010-05-23 7:08 AM
in reply to: #2875889

Bedford, NH, USA
Subject: RE: Automatic pool lap counters -HELP
The Pool-Mate works great for me. Once setup is completed (pool length, L/R Arm, age, weight, etc) you only have to remember to press the start button and stop button.

Data retrieval requires a bit of learning to press the buttons but works fine once learned.
2010-05-26 10:07 AM
in reply to: #2875889

Veteran
Kenosha, WI
Swimovate Pool-mate is awesome.  Could not be easier.
2010-05-26 1:51 PM
in reply to: #2883012

User image

Sensei
Sin City
How long have you been swimming?  Tough to tell since you only have a couple posts.

Personally, I would suggest just trying to learn how to do it in you head or use a clock.  Worst case, use a cheap waterproof digital watch that counts laps.

I just have a feeling, that after a short time, you wont need the counter, and it will be wasted money sitting in a box somewhere.  Trust me, I have the same box...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Automatic pool lap counters -HELP Rss Feed