General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Plan Help-- Need to Add an Extra Week Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-23 10:33 PM

User image

Expert
Bend, OR
Subject: Training Plan Help-- Need to Add an Extra Week
I have been following the 16 Week Olympic- 2x Balanced religiously in preparation for my first triathlon at the end of June.  This week I am starting the fourth month of training.  But when I first started following the plan, I messed up timing it with the date of my race.  Essentially I'm short a week of training.  If I followed the plan perfectly I would be done with the plan (including the taper) a week early.

What would you recommend I do?  Just repeat the 2nd week of the 4th month of the plan and then taper as called for?  Begin lightly tapering a week early?  Any advise on this would be great.

Thanks.

2010-05-23 10:34 PM
in reply to: #2877240

User image

Payson, AZ
Subject: RE: Training Plan Help-- Need to Add an Extra Week
You can reimport it with the proper end date.  It won't touch the stuff you already recorded and you would end up doing your last week down twice.
2010-05-23 10:40 PM
in reply to: #2877240

User image

Master
Cypress, CA
Subject: RE: Training Plan Help-- Need to Add an Extra Week

Right now I'd just keep following the plan and keep the extra week as slack in case of illness, training conflicts, etc..  If you get closer to the race date and still have that extra week in the bank, I'd agree that repeating the last pre-taper week is a good strategy.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Plan Help-- Need to Add an Extra Week Rss Feed