General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New trier, and need nutrition support!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-24 1:20 PM

New user

Subject: New trier, and need nutrition support!!!
Ben training for six weeks nwo, and am in need of nutrition support.  Any advice would be well appreciated.  thanks all

2010-05-24 1:51 PM
in reply to: #2878539

User image

Master
Subject: RE: New trier, and need nutrition support!!!
Congrats on joining the group and your 2 weeks of training!

Do you need everyday nutrition support or workout nutrition support? 

For everyday nutrition support, there is a good nutrition board on this site.   In addition, I would recommend packing yourself snacks each day.  That way, when you get hungry, you don't eat the garbage in the break-room at work and instead eat something that is nutrient-rich.  A small portion of nuts or piece of fruit in the morning and a yogurt in the afternoon or other things like that.

For workout nutrition support, I recommend putting your workout and/or race into the www.tri-talk.com nutrition calculator (http://www.tri-talk.com/TriTalkNC/TriTalkNC.htm) and getting an estimate of your caloric needs.  Then, work with those needs to determine whether you need more or less nutrition and what type of nutrition works for you.  For most people, training/racing nutrition is a process of trial and error.  As you can see from my sig line, I am a Gu ambassador so I train and race with Gu products and they work very well for me, even with my delicate GI.  If you'd like further advice on this subject, please feel free to message me.

Steph
2010-05-27 5:29 AM
in reply to: #2878539

User image

Lucerne Switzerland
Subject: RE: New trier, and need nutrition support!!!
Here's a pdf you can print off for healthy snacking @ how to triathlon

And an article on calories, at competitor magazine. They also have a nutrition section that you can check out that I have found useful in the past.

Personally I tend to stay away from lactose (dairy products), as it builds up mucus/ saliva making it harder to breath when training and racing. I also go gluten free two weeks before a race, but then again if you're just starting out I wouldn't worry about going crazy on the diet.

Brendan
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New trier, and need nutrition support!!! Rss Feed