General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Out of Towner looking for OWS near Scottsdale 6/3, 6/4, and/or 6/5 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-25 4:46 PM

New user

Salt Lake City
Subject: Out of Towner looking for OWS near Scottsdale 6/3, 6/4, and/or 6/5
Hi all.  I will be in Scottsdale for a wedding Saturday 6/5 (afternoon).  I am arriving a couple of days in advance and would really like to try to get in some open water swimming since as of yesterday it was still snowing here in Utah and I am doing IMCDA at the end of June.

Any chance there is a group I could hook up with that is already planning to go somewhere near Scottsdale to swim?  If not, can someone give me advice where to go?  Will I need my wetsuit?  (I know I should wear it since I will most definitely be racing in it, but I am less concerned about practicing swimming in my WS than I am about siting, dealing with choppy water, etc.

Thanks all!
Brandi

2010-05-25 10:32 PM
in reply to: #2881772

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Out of Towner looking for OWS near Scottsdale 6/3, 6/4, and/or 6/5
Don't know of any group swims but there are 3 lakes that are options. Bartlett Lake, Lake Pleasant or Saguaro Lake. I don't know where people swim at Bartlett but at Saguaro it's at Butcher Jones Cove and at Lake Pleasant it's at the North boat ramp.
2010-06-02 9:48 PM
in reply to: #2881772

User image

Extreme Veteran
Scottsdale
Subject: RE: Out of Towner looking for OWS near Scottsdale 6/3, 6/4, and/or 6/5
If you go to Bartlett, the best swimming location is Rattlesnake Cove.  As you head down the road toward the lake, there will be a turnoff to the left towards Rattlesnake Cove, and the parking area will be to the right.  Just remember, if you go to Bartlett or Pleasant, there is a $5-$6 daily use fee, even to just go swim for 30 minutes or so.  Bummer, but they are state parks.

I know there is a group that sometimes swims at Bartlett on Saturday mid-morning, but I do not know who they are, nor whether they will be there this weekend.  Sorry, wish I could be of more assistance.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Out of Towner looking for OWS near Scottsdale 6/3, 6/4, and/or 6/5 Rss Feed