General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hoosier transplanted into Buckeye country Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-02 8:50 AM

Westfield, IN
Subject: Hoosier transplanted into Buckeye country
Well, one of my best friends convinced me into doing triathlons with him this summer.  So far I have completed 2 sprint races (Carmel Splash, Flash, and Dash and Tri for Joe).  The training and exercise have never been difficult for me, it has always been the motivation part that was the hardest for me.  With the thought of competing against a lifelong friend that has been training longer than me, motivation is not a problem any longer.

Like others on here, I was an athlete in college and played basketball.  During the season I was a 6'2" 195-205 athlete, but after my playing days ended I got married, had a couple of kids, and neglected doing much of anything except work and family.  I ballooned to 270lbs as of Feb. of this year.  Once I decided to do these triathlons, I decided very quickly to commit to training and doing the best I could.  That includes a goal of reaching my college playing weight.  I knew I would have more energy once I started working out again and sure enough I did.  It is now the start of June, as I stated before I have finished 2 triathlons in faster times than my goal, I am down to 230lbs, and quickly reclaiming that body I once had in college....which makes my wife happy.  I have also inspired her to begin working out again, as well since she is also a former athlete and wants to promote a healthy lifestyle for our children.

This website has been invaluable so far and I am very appreciative of all the information and assistance that all the BTer's provide.  I know a little about the sport now and have definitly been bitten by the triathlon bug.  I plan on doing 1 sprint per month this summer with the intention of stepping up to Oly's next summer.  This new found passion has also helped make living so close to Columbus and the Buckeye craziness almost bearable for this native Hoosier.

2010-06-02 10:34 AM
in reply to: #2896160

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Hoosier transplanted into Buckeye country
Welcome to BT.  I grew up a Buckeye fan (still am, even though I live in Illinois now). 
2010-06-02 7:24 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-06-02 7:32 PM

Delaware, OH
Subject: RE: Hoosier transplanted into Buckeye country
Welcome to the state where we hang tree nuts around our necks and call it team spirit! The ohio forum is very active- Columbus is just a hop from mt. V. Anytime you want to s/b/r with us you are more than welcome to!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hoosier transplanted into Buckeye country Rss Feed