General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Completed 20 week International Plan, now what? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-07 8:54 AM

User image

Veteran
Bedford, NH
Subject: Completed 20 week International Plan, now what?
My 'A' race this year was suppose to be the Mooseman International this past weekend and what I planned my training around.  Unfortunately, they delayed the start of the race by 2 hours, canceled the swim part and cut 40% off the bike due to severe thunderstorms and bad road conditions.  And there was still a chance they would cut the bike entirely (or the entire race).  At this point a lot of people decided to pull out not wanting to wait 2 hours in the pouring rain for a partial race that *might* happen and risk injury or ruin equipment.  In a tired, soaking wet and frustrated moment, I also pulled out.

My question though, is how should I structure my training plan for the rest of the summer/fall?  This is my first year training for a Tri (last year focused only on cycling).  I followed the 20 week International distance training plan focusing on volume after a base program in the winter.  I still want to do at least one International tri this year and will either do Black Fly and/or Lobsterman.  Here are the other races I am planning.

Nashua Sprint - June 20
Black Fly International - July 10
Timberman Sprint - Aug 21
Lobsterman International - Sept 18

Should I continue building volume each week, level off at peak volume from 20 week plan or something else? I will definitely use this as an opportunity to practice more OWS's and bike/run bricks.  Running is my biggest weakness so I also plan to spend more time improving my run.

Thanks,
Mike
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Completed 20 week International Plan, now what? Rss Feed