General Discussion Triathlon Talk » totally tube turmoil Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-20 7:09 PM

Subject: totally tube turmoil
I have had a run of bad luck with glass cuts, staples, rim tape slippage. My tubes are taking a beating and have too many patches and had to toss too many tubes. They are getting expensive just due to quantity.  The tires are in good shape (now) because some tube holes were from rim tape not seated (since fixed) and I have replaced the tires when the side walls where cut. 

I have heard rumors that there are deals to be had on tubes and when they go on sale for $1 or $2 each and folks are stocking up.  Where have they found these great deals on tubes?  I have looked at ProBikeKit and Google'd cheap tubes but have found too few bike related items.

This request will either turn up a supply of tubes cheap or somehow change my fortune and I will start avoiding the hazards on the road.  One way or another a guy can dream.

So has anyone found the un-hole-y grail of tubes?  Anywhere that does mail order if good for me.

2010-06-20 8:23 PM
in reply to: #2933038

Subject: RE: totally tube turmoil
My understanding is that the materials used in butyl tubes have gone up in price and the days of cheap tubes are on hold for now.  What tires are you running?  I switched from OEM tires to Michelin Krylions and they paid for themselves.  You might also consider Gatorskins or Armadillos.  Just don't race on them
2010-06-21 7:58 AM
in reply to: #2933123

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
Subject: RE: totally tube turmoil
You could get some SpinSkins or whatever the little kevlar liners are for tires. They're pretty lightweight and aren't too $$$.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » totally tube turmoil Rss Feed