General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri fever Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-21 11:27 AM

User image

Bronze member
Subject: Tri fever

What is about triathlon? I was never involved in sports in high school. I started running for fitness many years ago (like 18) and did a few races but didn't love them. I started triathlons last year and as soon as I finish one I'm planning the next! Maybe because there is so much room for improvement

Anyway, I just finished an aqua/bike for a 1/2 IM yesterday. Loved it, not much for running over 10 miles (body breaks down with injuries) but I wanted the challenge of a longer swim and bike. It was a blast. There is a sprint race on Sunday, I'm wondering if it would be too soon to do another race right after this one. I've done two sprints this spring (April and May). They were both in the rain and my bike leg was not good (I'm a chicken on wet pavement). I'm thinking it's just a sprint so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. My legs are tired from the hard effort yesterday but not really sore. Mostly just my sit bones are tender from the bike seat. Or should I just take it easy this week, there are a couple of sprints close by that I could do in August. We leave for family vacation in about a week so I'm going to have plenty of time to rest.

2010-06-21 12:29 PM
in reply to: #2934251

User image

Extreme Veteran
Stamford, CT
Subject: RE: Tri fever
I did the Rev3 aquabike then a sprint a week later and another sprint 5 days after and did well in all three events. As long as you are well trained and throwing in recovery days in-between I don't think it should be an issue.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri fever Rss Feed