General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A "what to wear" thread... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-02 6:53 AM

User image

Bloomington
Subject: A "what to wear" thread...
So I've got my first HIM coming up.  I've been planning on doing it in a tri top and shorts. 

I've got some 2xu endurance shorts I really like.  I was going to wear one of their tops to go with, but they seem to either come in black and white. I'm worried black will be too hot and white will be completely see through.  Also the skin around my stomach is a mess from a bunch of weight loss. 

With that said, does anyone have a favorite tri top?  I've got a pearl top as well, and it's not long enough.

What about using a tri suit for a HIM or IM?  The bathroom would be more challenging, but other than that it might be kind of nice  not having to worry about garment adjustment?

2010-07-02 11:03 AM
in reply to: #2957413

User image

Veteran
Kansas
Subject: RE: A "what to wear" thread...
Hey Mike, I used wear tri kits, Zoot, 2XU ... etc., and I purchased a TYR tri suit for this season's races.  I wore it in a 70.3 a few weeks back and loved it.  You are right, a bit more hassle in the port-a-johns, but I never once felt like I had to mess with a top riding up or interfering with my race belt.  I am sure there are plenty others that like the separate 2 piece kits versus a tri suit, but I am certainly happy with my switch to the TYR suit. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A "what to wear" thread... Rss Feed