General Discussion Triathlon Talk » self diagnosed Level 2 Calf Strain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-05 7:12 PM

Subject: self diagnosed Level 2 Calf Strain
This started out as a cramp about 10 days ago and I rested for a couple of days then ran again where it again cramped. Waited anoth few days and ran again where it felt great and tightened a little toward the end of the 4 mile trail run. Today I went out for an interval run on a rubber layered track and after 1.25 miles I felt like I was shot with a BB in my calf and the muscle felt like it was rolling over another muscle and I couldn't run any further. Been icing since noon and taking Advil. I'm hoping to see the Dr tomorrow, but what can I expect if this is the diagnosis? I have a sprint on the 18th scheduled.I'm really depreseed about this already as I was planning to start heavy training for my Oly in the fall.Thanks

2010-07-05 7:24 PM
in reply to: #2962201

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: self diagnosed Level 2 Calf Strain

SpeedAgent - 2010-07-05 8:12 PM This started out as a cramp about 10 days ago and I rested for a couple of days then ran again where it again cramped. Waited anoth few days and ran again where it felt great and tightened a little toward the end of the 4 mile trail run. Today I went out for an interval run on a rubber layered track and after 1.25 miles I felt like I was shot with a BB in my calf and the muscle felt like it was rolling over another muscle and I couldn't run any further. Been icing since noon and taking Advil. I'm hoping to see the Dr tomorrow, but what can I expect if this is the diagnosis? I have a sprint on the 18th scheduled.I'm really depreseed about this already as I was planning to start heavy training for my Oly in the fall.Thanks

Unfortunately usually takes about 6 weeks to get over.  Get to teh doc and PT.  stretcha nd ice.  ask for a calf sleeve.  If they won't give youone then get into some compression socks or TED hose.  good luck

2010-07-25 5:19 PM
in reply to: #2962201

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: self diagnosed Level 2 Calf Strain

These injuries are the Worst! It took me months to get over this after my marathon but its because I was being an idiot!

Once I started getting ART I was able to resume running and it gradually got better. If I could do it all again I wouldn't have waited almost a year (!) to seek out a qualified ART practitioner.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » self diagnosed Level 2 Calf Strain Rss Feed