General Discussion Triathlon Talk » pain on the inside of the knees when biking uphill Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-07-11 2:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Seattle
Subject: pain on the inside of the knees when biking uphill
hi, i just did triple bypass colorado ride (120 miles, 3 mountain passes, over 10,000ft elevation gain) last weekend and after about 50 miles i started feeling pain on the inside of my knees, i only felt this once before when i did another century ride in buena vista, colorado in the spring, there were a lot of uphill there too, I mostly feel the pain when I ride uphill, it feels like joint pain, not bad enough to quit, but consistent, i felt it the whole day after the ride as well, on my training rides i don't normally do sustained steep hills, and never (even on long rides) experience knee pain. my friend told me this could be caused by my seat being too high, but i don't feel uncomfortable when i ride. does anybody have the same problem? or knows why could this be. any input would be appriciated, thanks

2005-07-12 9:58 PM
in reply to: #195117

Regular
Sunriver, Oregon
Subject: RE: pain on the inside of the knees when biking uphill
I had the same pain but less severe while training.  I lowered my seat slightly (2-3mm) and also made sure my cleats were mounted correctly.  A friend of mine also suggested supplements (Glucosamine Chondrotin) which really helped.  Pain free for awhile now
2005-07-13 11:33 AM
in reply to: #196699

User image

Veteran
Seattle
Subject: RE: pain on the inside of the knees when biking uphill
Thanks, I guess I will try lowering my seat a bit (didn't want to scratch my seat post if I didn't have to)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » pain on the inside of the knees when biking uphill Rss Feed