General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike purchase problem - Need opinions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-11 12:54 PM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Bike purchase problem - Need opinions
So I bought a TT bike yesterday.  Bottom end Trek equinox 7- 2009.  Still get sticker shock everytime I go into a bike shop.  Any way it was quite a whim purchase, I was in the bike shop picking up some other stuff and joked about borrowing the bike for the next couple of weeks.  The bike shop worker said.  The 2011 are about to come in we can make you a good deal.  Went home and talked to my husband he said why not you deserve it. 

So that being said- I did not have any research to go in with- over the years we have purchased at least 6 bikes from this store.  I get home last night and just look it up online to see reviews etc.  While doing this I find out that the price on the bike was the 2010 manufactuer price and not the 2009 price.  So instead of a 300 dollar savings it's really only 100 dollars off. 

I did not bring the bike home- suppose to get fitted on Monday.  I feel like a complete idiot for not being a smarter shopper.  I really like the bike. 

What would you do?  Thanks!

2010-07-11 1:01 PM
in reply to: #2973519

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Bike purchase problem - Need opinions
Personally I'd call them on it. Sounds like you've done right by them and delievered good return service by buying from them regularly. I'd wouldn't go in guns blazing, but I'd get a managers attention and give them an opportunity to explain themself. If he or she is worth their salt as a manager and find that you were taken advantage of by one of their associates they'll do right by you. Weather it be money back, store credit or free tune-ups...along with an apology. Good luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike purchase problem - Need opinions Rss Feed