General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bald Bear Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-14 9:57 PM

User image

Subject: Bald Bear Triathlon
Anyone doing this tri?  This is most likely going to be my first one, has anyone done this one before??  Any input on the course would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

2010-07-15 5:03 AM
in reply to: #2981924

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mount Joy
Subject: RE: Bald Bear Triathlon
I'll be doing this one, but havent done it before. Just kind of doing it cause I heard the course is challenging and hilly. 
2010-07-15 2:45 PM

User image

Yea thats why I wasn't sure if I should do it or not as my first one. But the distances are not too bad, my biggest concern is the bike due to the climbs.  But I've been riding alot of hills so by then I should be ok.  I am going to go look at the course one day and I'll let you know how it looks. (not that I have much to compare it to)
2010-07-15 3:03 PM

User image

Philly
Never done it before but I will be there this year.

My impressions are that it will be hilly on the run and bike but as long as you've trained for them you should be fine.

It seems like a good race for a first timer as well due to the 1/4 mile swim.  It's short, so by the time you're getting over any open water hesitations you should be come to T1.  Haha.  On top of that it will most likely be a small race which, again, in my mind a god way to start your triathlon career.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bald Bear Triathlon Rss Feed