General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from Southern Cal Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-07-12 10:54 PM

User image

Orange County, CA
Subject: Hi from Southern Cal

Hi to all!!! If your wondering about the name Fathead, it came from a friend that started a clothing line called "Fathead" but now no longer exsists so I try to keep it alive, haha!

So anyways I am very new to Triathlons I decided on a whim to just sign up for one without even training or even knowing what they are truly all about. I was like hmmm I turn 30 in Sept. and for some reason I was just missing something in my life, like that challenge and/or competition, ya know? So I signed up for the Nautica Malibu Tri on Sept.25th. Since then I strarted training I am on my 3rd week now and so far so good except of course the swimming. I also just recently joined a local Tri Club here is SoCal to help me and tomorrow is my first run workout with them. I am very excited and truly hope my life continues to change for the best! So far I have lost 10lbs, my goal is to race at 210 so I have 15lbs to go. I can honestly say I'm addicted and I haven't even raced yet! I get pure enjoyment from training hard to reach my goals and being here on this website! There are soooo many cool people on this site I can't believe it! Well actually I can believe it, I went to watch my first Tri this past weekend in Carlsbad and let me tell you I had a great time just spectating and soaking it all up...Plus the people there were way cool too, I think I could get use to this...

Oh yeah one of the great things about getting into something new is learning what's involved and who's involved, I am sure most of you know Jessi Stensland, well from seeing her in ads and reading about her on some sites, it was really cool watching her compete and win the women's pro division (forgive me I can't remember the official title). Also seeing the other 25 pro's there...in time I will eventually know their names too.

Thanks for taking the time to read my little story, I hope to see ya around....

Tom

2005-07-13 11:42 AM
in reply to: #196740

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
Subject: RE: Hi from Southern Cal
Welcome Tom!  Sounds like your pretty excited about tris--join the club!
2005-07-14 11:12 PM

User image

I was at Carlsbad (spectator) last week, too. Awesome race. Wish I had signed up for it.

Rich
2005-07-15 2:32 AM

User image

Orange County, CA
Yeah I had a good time, it was a beautiful day! I know I wish I had too...But it was so nice out I had go for I ride just because I happened to bring my bike down and sure enough it came in handy. Were you there to watch someone or just checking it out?
2005-07-15 9:16 AM
in reply to: #198872

User image

I was just checking it out. I live about two blocks from there, and I wanted to see the pros do their transitions. I'm racing pendleton tomorrow.
2005-07-16 3:12 PM

User image

Orange County, CA
Oh sweet! So how did ya do at Pendleton? what a beautiful day for a Tri...

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from Southern Cal Rss Feed