General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beets vs. Beet juice Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-19 11:28 AM

User image

Veteran
, New Jersey
Subject: Beets vs. Beet juice
I've seen studies in the past that beets have a significant impact on lowering blood pressure, but a new study came out in which participants drank a half liter per day of beet juice for six days and experienced 16% increase in exercise endurance (averaged among the group). Pretty interesting!

I would think that eating the equivalent number of beets that it takes to make that much juice would be exactly the same. For those of you who juice, is there a difference? I love juice, and I love beets...but beet juice doesn't sound too appealing :-)

2010-07-19 1:54 PM
in reply to: #2989842

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Beets vs. Beet juice
I *think* with my limited knowledge of juicing etc, that the beet juice is often combined with other things making it a mixer per say, while some may drink it straight, I would guess that some other flavors make it more palatable for those who do not care for it plain.
2010-07-20 8:39 AM
in reply to: #2989842

User image

Extreme Veteran
New York
Subject: RE: Beets vs. Beet juice
I make "rainbow juice"  with beets, apples, carrots, kiwi, celery, and a little ginger root. You can leave out the ginger if it's too hot for you. Put in a shot of lime after you juice everything, then stir. Delicious, and the beets really add a lot of sweetness.

I also do beet/apple or beet/carrot when I don't have the other ingredients. Also yummy.

I would drink beet alone, but it's a lot more fun when you mix it with something else. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beets vs. Beet juice Rss Feed