General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Concord YMCA/Clough State Park Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-09-15 3:13 PM
in reply to: #3030968

User image

Extreme Veteran
Concord, NH
Subject: RE: Concord YMCA/Clough State Park Tri
http://www.brentdoscher.com/

You can see photos here.  Not sure if there were others there or not.

2010-09-15 6:21 PM
in reply to: #3100685

User image

Veteran
Southern New Hampshire
Thanks for the link. I was a little surprised that our race packet and the race website/email mentioned nothing about the photographers. I ordered some some prints from their site.
2010-09-16 6:42 PM
in reply to: #3100992

Hi there L1011,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the pictures from the day!

Regarding the link on the website/cards in the race packets, it's up to the race director to add that information on the site.  Some love promoting us and putting our logo up there, providing a link to us before the race even occurs, etc.  Others just don't feel the need to put the information up, which is certainly alright!

We did used to put cards in the race packets, like many other photography companies do.  However, after surveying athletes, very few of them actually were prompted to view the photos by the postcards, usually by the emails we send out alerting athletes that the images are available online.  However, since this was a YMCA race, they put a lot of emphasis on protecting the athletes' privacy, so we simply ask them to send out an e-mail. 

Since most people don't use the postcards that we included in the past, it seemed to us they were superfluous and unnecessarily taxing on the environment (we used thousands of cards a month, and most of them end up in the trash!).  We love our planet, so we decided it was the right move to make! 

Hope that clears everything up for you!  Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions or concerns.  And keep racing strong!
2010-09-16 9:25 PM
in reply to: #3103235

User image

Veteran
Southern New Hampshire
Brent, after I posted my comment we received an email from the RD containing a link to your storefront. Prior to receiving the email, I thought it was odd that they had photographers at the event without telling us. It's all good... Nice job on the photos but I wish we had a digital option for facebook purposes (minor gripe though).

In a way, the photographers helped me get a better time. I stopped a few times during the run but when I saw the photographers up ahead I had to start running again for the pics. I didn't even see the photographers on the beach, in the water, or on the bike course. I guess I had tri-induced tunnel vision.

Edited by L1011 2010-09-16 9:28 PM
2010-09-17 6:39 PM
in reply to: #3103495

Haha, I was actually joking about that to one of the athletes, saying we should put photographers ALL over the course and everyone would set PRs! 

There actually is a digital download option, which some people don't see (it's a little more hidden than the print option)  When you hit the purchase button, the screen pops up with print options.  There is a download tab right next to it, and it allows you to purchase digital images, both high and low res.

If you are referring to a facebook sized download, like 400x600px, it's something that's in the works.  We realize a lot of people just want something that they can put on FB or flickr, so we're looking to offer that for a few bucks in the near future. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Concord YMCA/Clough State Park Tri Rss Feed  

of 2