General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » long time runner, first time triathlete (come this sunday) in Chicago S.burbs Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-11 9:26 AM

User image

Subject: long time runner, first time triathlete (come this sunday) in Chicago S.burbs
Hi everyone,
      I'm in the southern suburbs of chicago and I'm 4 days away from my very first sprint tri this Sunday. I've been a runner for 17 years, but had to do some cross training this summer for a knee injury. Started to really like the pool workouts I was doing in place of my runs, then started doing more biking to trek my kids around during summer vacation, and finally put all three together. I guess this was a long time coming, and my only regret was not trying it sooner (both in life and in the tri season)! I am having so much fun learning all these new things about the sport. I did my first open water swim, my first group bike ride (50 miler), bought my first "real" road bike...fun to have so many new things to think about.

My first tri will be the Woodridge mini this sunday, then I'm doing the Fleet Feet Super Sprint the day before the HUGE Chicago Tri. Then I'm debating doing the Lake Carroll one near Freeport on Sept 16 to finish up the summer.

I'm excited to read all the posts here and learn even more!

2010-08-11 4:03 PM
in reply to: #3036702

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: long time runner, first time triathlete (come this sunday) in Chicago S.burbs
Welcome! Best of luck this weekend!! Hope you enjoy the challenge - i too, came from running and it was great to throw myself into the great unknown instead of being a runner know-it-all hahaha!!

2010-08-13 8:20 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Subject: RE: long time runner, first time triathlete (come this sunday) in Chicago S.burbs
Welcome!   I think I remember you from the Runners world forums.    Basically same as me.  Got into tri due to running injury, pool workouts and cycling got to be fun for me.  Decided to keep working at it and add Tri events to my running events!

Have a great time at Woodridge!

2010-08-15 5:14 PM
in reply to: #3043221

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Hey, welcome to BT!  So, how did your first tri go?  Hope you had fun!
2010-08-15 11:27 PM

User image

oriolepwr, yep, I post to RW forums too Good to see you here!

tbcoffee, I know it sounds crazy (I almost didn't believe it myself) but I actually won overall female! It was about as perfect as a first time experience can get. Now I'm definitely hooked, and am trying to cram in as many more as I can before the end of the season!
2010-08-16 3:05 PM
in reply to: #3045179

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
dogteacher - 2010-08-15 11:27 PM

oriolepwr, yep, I post to RW forums too Good to see you here!

tbcoffee, I know it sounds crazy (I almost didn't believe it myself) but I actually won overall female! It was about as perfect as a first time experience can get. Now I'm definitely hooked, and am trying to cram in as many more as I can before the end of the season!

Wow, Congrats!  Sounds like you're a natural!  Looking forward to see how your next one goes.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » long time runner, first time triathlete (come this sunday) in Chicago S.burbs Rss Feed