General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutrition tips from Macca Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-16 12:47 PM

Subject: Nutrition tips from Macca
Whatever you may think of Chris McCormack, there's no denying his love for triathlon and his willingness to share his insight into the sport.  His latest blog entry about nutrition is a great read (mostly applicable to HIM/IM) -- I love how he weaves in his personal experiences.

- Apparently, Coca-Cola is the magic elixir.

http://chrismccormack.com/blog/answeringthosenutritionquestionsfrommyfacebooksitewwwfacebookcommaccalive

2010-08-16 1:08 PM
in reply to: #3046221

User image

Master
Westlake Village , Ca.
Subject: RE: Nutrition tips from Macca
Great excerpt:

So what are the lessons I have learned and how can I answer the questions I get asked on nutrition. This is it all in bullet point. Take from it what you will but know one thing – There is no magic eating formula for the Ironman or any other endurance event. There are guidelines that are determined by your fitness and your body type and these determine a starting point for you to make a beginning from. Every race is different and you must be willing to make adjustments as you go, and not be so rigid in your eating formula. Trust your instincts and trust you own opinions of yourself. No body knows you as well as you know you, so don’t just put your faith into someone who thinks they have the answers for you. Only you can really determine that.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutrition tips from Macca Rss Feed