General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orthodics - Drainage problems Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-20 12:35 PM

User image

New user

Pensacola, FL
Subject: Orthodics - Drainage problems
I was fitted for custom orthodics (helped fix IT band issue) a few months back and have been running in them since. I take out the inserts of my running shoes and put in the custom ones. The problem I am having is I sweat a lot and sometimes dump water on my head to cool off when running in this hot and humid weather here in Florida and the orthodics seem to just soak up all fluids that get near them so I end up squishing around every step after a while.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it? I can't imagine I'm the first person with custom orthodics who has trouble with them retaining water/sweat.

Also, does anyone know if you can buy custom orthodics that are more sports specific (I assume the ones I have are meant for simple everyday use, not running 20+ miles a week in) that would allow better drainage?

2010-08-20 12:46 PM
in reply to: #3055058

User image

Extreme Veteran
Smyrnasty
Subject: RE: Orthodics - Drainage problems
i have the same issue. i just chose to get over it since there really seems to be no way to prevent unless you wear sweatbands around your ankles haha. when i train i have on socks so it's relatively un-noticed. in my races, no socks, it was a little more noticable but not really a huge problem for me. i would love a more sport specific support. i'm using the plastic+cork+insert type.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orthodics - Drainage problems Rss Feed