General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Philly Newbie Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-26 11:27 PM

Subject: Philly Newbie
I am beginning to train for a triathlon, I have taken out several books from the library and looked at countless websites online. I am scared and excited about doing this and hope that it will become part of my lifestyle.

2010-08-28 12:37 PM
in reply to: #3066560

New user

Subject: RE: Philly Newbie

Hi Danni!

Congrats on taking up the triathlon lifestyle! I am also from Philadelphia (Chestnut Hill area). When I did my first triathlon, I kept the training very simple. The three things that helped me the most were:

1) Making sure I could do each distance in training.

2) Focusing on finishing the event then having a certain time.

3) If the swim is in open water, practing at least a few open water swims (wetsuit, sighting, etc.) so that I would be comfortable on race day.

Best of luck!

Cheers!

Cory

2010-08-30 8:43 AM

Thanks Cory,

This is encouraging to me and today is the first day of training hopefully it goes well.
2010-08-30 8:53 AM

User image

Veteran
Carolina Beach
I grew up in Philly (Mom lived in the N.E. and Dad lived in South).  I live down in North Carolina now and have been here for about 20 years.  I don't know what the race/training scene is like in Philly but I would have to imagine that you will have tons of groups in your area to help with your training.  Seek out a group and train with them if you can.  It will help your confidence and they will also provide you with some insight to make race day easier on you. 

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER... have fun with it. 
2010-08-31 9:36 AM
in reply to: #3070847

New user

Quite welcome Danni! There is a good race calendar at www.trifind.com that you might like. I also put up free video blogs at www.abingtonpsychology.com/blog on sports psychology, fitness, and other topics. If you want me to put you on my email list to notify you when the new one's come out, just email me at [email protected] and I will add you on. Enjoy the training. It was beautiful running weather this morning.

Regards,
Cory
2010-08-31 9:49 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2010-09-02 10:27 PM

Thanks to all of you this is really helping me.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Philly Newbie Rss Feed