General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I'm new and on my own....it would seem Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-31 1:12 PM

New user

Portland, Oregon
Subject: I'm new and on my own....it would seem
Hi:

My name is Ron Andersen....I'm 56 years old....I'm in Portland, Oregon and trying hard to get back into shape.  I'm coming back from my fifth major back injury and it's been a struggle...I've lost about 40 lbs with an immediate goal to lose another twenty pounds.  I'm a former Marine, so fitness has always been important to me.  I've been working out regularily for several months now.  Two weeks ago, I biked 30 miles up towards Mt. Hood on Highway 26.  I plan to do open road rides at least once every other week.  My next one will be to make it all the way to Government Camp.  Yesterday, I rode ten miles with an immediate transition and ran four miles....I waited about an hour after completing that and did an hour or resistance/weight training...Today, I'm going to do a brisk walk for two or three miles and try and get rid of all that lactic acid...lol....then an easy bike ride with my wife tonight....Tomorrow, I'll run 3 miles to the local pool; swim laps and run the three miles home again...
If anybody is in  my area and wants to buddy up.....PLEASE, let me know.  I'm self motivated...but would also enjoy a training partner. 
Thank you
Ron Andersen

2010-09-01 6:01 AM
in reply to: #3073920

Subject: RE: I'm new and on my own....it would seem
Hi Ron-
Have you tried posting in the Oregon forum?  You could also try the USAT website and find a tri club/team in your area.  Good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I'm new and on my own....it would seem Rss Feed