General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Demi Esprit Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-09-07 9:12 PM

Subject: Demi Esprit Triathlon : Official Thread

Well, it is the Tuesday before the race and I am soo excited. I have been training hard and am now enjoying the Taper time. I have lost 50 pounds this year, and am in the best shape I have been in since I was 19. I am 40 now and have a few races under my belt, but this is my first Half Iron Man distance. I know the course is flat, and I intend to push both the swim and the bike, and then see how i feel through the run. I am no speedster, but I have greatly improved my stamina and am counting on that for raceday.  Good luck to everyone both in Montreal and those competing in Muskoka, I'll be there next year!

2010-09-08 9:17 AM
in reply to: #3086497

Regular
Subject: RE: Demi Esprit Triathlon : Official Thread

good luck!  And please report your experience afterwards.  I am eyeing Esprit 2011 for my first full distance, and would your impressions of the multiple loop format.

2010-09-08 10:27 AM
in reply to: #3087045

User image

Pro
Texas
pmt - 2010-09-08 9:17 AM

good luck!  And please report your experience afterwards.  I am eyeing Esprit 2011 for my first full distance, and would your impressions of the multiple loop format.

x2
2010-09-13 11:23 AM
in reply to: #3086497

Well, the race overall was awesome. I love the fact that it was flat for my first half iron distance. I was not as ready as I thought I was and so had next to no gas left for the run.  I like the Bike course because it is really all you, and I was pleased to have been able to power by people. Unfortunatly, because I do not understand french, and they announced your remaining laps verbally, all mine were in french and I ended up doing an extra lap, so add 9 minutes to my bike. When I was done the bike, I started the run with some kidney area pain issues which prevented me from taking as much fluids and gels as I needed, so I was really running on empty.  Overall though, I am proud that I accomplished it, I will be working hard over the winter to loose the remaining 20 lbs I need to to get where I want to be for next season.  Oh, and if I did not cover the bike recommendation, it was awesome, it had enough mix to keep you interested, until you got tired and began praying for the end, but to that point, great course. I highly recommend doing it!
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Demi Esprit Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed