General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Doing the Tri thing in Los Angeles Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-09-09 4:07 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Doing the Tri thing in Los Angeles
Just thought I would introduce myself... Been a non-registered lurker for awhile to BT but thought I would get an account started to get into the posting action. Just started tris last year with a lot of great support from the Disney Tri Team and got hooked. I have never liked swimming much growing up and never had a bike with gears before last year, so there was a lot more learning rather than training. I came from a half marathon running background so my run times really even out the slow swim (20 min swim vs run a sub 8min mile pace in my test runs leading to malibu).Bike equipment wise I am still in beginner mode running training tires and rims but looking for some racing sets in the next few weeks. Added aero bars to my Caad 9 5 and have been getting comfortable in the aero position probably 50% of the time. Planning on doing Malibu sprint, playa del rey sprint, and the LA rock and roll HM in the coming months. Olympics and maybe a HIM next year.Best of luck to everyone in your upcoming events.

2010-09-09 5:07 PM
in reply to: #3090064

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Doing the Tri thing in Los Angeles
Welcome to BT posting, non-lurking, and triathlon!!!

I think LA's just about one of the best places in the world to tri. Lived there nearly seven years. So many awesome area BTers.

Check out LA Tri Club's website, esp. the scheduled workouts. Most of them you really can just show up, no need to be a member. Fory Horio's Manhattan Beach beginner swims will take you a looooooong way toward improving your open-water skills.
2010-09-10 1:29 AM
in reply to: #3090163

User image

New user

Subject: RE: Doing the Tri thing in Los Angeles
Thanks for the welcome. I have seriously considered getting in touch with the LATri guys this coming year... the Disney team is great but geared toward Malibu so it gets a little tough to find the group dynamic at other times of the year.

The tri scene out here in LA is great, lots of businesses using it as a method to motivate community involvement and support healthy lifestyles. You gotta learn the dynamics of ocean swims though!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Doing the Tri thing in Los Angeles Rss Feed