General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Questions regarding wetsuits for swimmers with heavy legs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-09-13 9:02 AM

Subject: Questions regarding wetsuits for swimmers with heavy legs

Hi all you BT'ers,

I'm currently in the market for a wetsuit at the moment, but I don't know which one to get and my local tri store does not have a big selection. They also don't really know very much about the wetsuits. My current issue is, I can swim long distances now, but I also have a big upper body and due to this my legs tend to drop lower when I swim. So in a sense I swim with heavy legs. Now, I've been doing research and I know that there are certain wetsuits out there that are gear to these kinds of swimmers.

Do you guys have any references that you would recommend me trying?

2010-09-13 11:32 AM
in reply to: #3094966

Subject: RE: Questions regarding wetsuits for swimmers with heavy legs
I would look into the 2-piece wetsuits from Desoto. That way you can get the size that fitts your upper body, and if needed a different size for the bottoms. I have the T1 First wave model and it works great. Easy to get off (not to bad to get on) and there is no restrition if the shoulders to impact my stroke. Well worth the money in my opinion. Desoto has very good customer service as well.
2010-09-13 12:36 PM
in reply to: #3095357

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
browncd - 2010-09-13 12:32 PM I would look into the 2-piece wetsuits from Desoto. That way you can get the size that fitts your upper body, and if needed a different size for the bottoms. I have the T1 First wave model and it works great. Easy to get off (not to bad to get on) and there is no restrition if the shoulders to impact my stroke. Well worth the money in my opinion. Desoto has very good customer service as well.

x 2 big fan of the Desoto, great wetsuit.
2010-09-13 1:34 PM
in reply to: #3094966

User image

Regular
Essex, England

not sure I follow you. your thread says heavy legs and then you talk about a big upper body. I would have thought a big upper body with heavy legs would mean you are balanced in the water. I have heavy legs compared to my upper body so swim slightly legs down without a wetsuit.
Anyway, I have a Foor Quantum 2 wetsuit which is great at keeping my legs high so I am flat in the water. I swim much faster in my wetsuit for less effort.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Questions regarding wetsuits for swimmers with heavy legs Rss Feed