General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Toughman Half Iron in Croton, NY Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-09-13 11:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Toughman Half Iron in Croton, NY
Yesterday I had the pleasure of participating in a relay team at the Toughman Half Iron in Croton Point Park, NY ( Beautiful Westchester County--about an hour north of NYC). I ran the half mary on a very hilly & difficult course.  My girlfriend swam the 1.2 in the hudson (yuck--she came out with soot around her mouth) & my other friend biked the grueling 56 mile course--again very hilly.  As I was running with & sometimes passing a few of these amazing triathletes that did the whole thing solo, I was in awe of them.  This is truly a "tough" course. I have the utmost respect for all triathletes taking it to that level. I have only done one sprint this summer(more to come next year) & I am not worthy!!  Kudos to all of you!!

Patti 

2010-09-13 4:35 PM
in reply to: #3095350

User image

Expert
NW NJ
Subject: RE: Toughman Half Iron in Croton, NY
HA, Some guy blew passed me on the 1st mile of the run yesterday. He was all clean, no sweat in little runners shorts and runners tank, NO SPANDEX!  He was obviously a relay and I was so pissed! it was as if he was flaunting his tremendous speed!  I felt like screaming to him, "you wouldn't be running that fast if you just biked what I did"     

With all Respect to all athletes relay and solo, that was a tough course throughout! I always feel a little angry when I start the run of any tri.  I hate those who are about to finish and those who are faster than me. My anger usually subsides at the 1/2 way point.  When I saw "relay guy" again on the out and back, I was like, "oh hey, there is relay guy"

Congrats on the race Patti!
2010-09-13 8:11 PM
in reply to: #3095350

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Toughman Half Iron in Croton, NY
I was a total humble relay runner on that course yesterday. To prove my point, I was wearing a shirt that had the saying" I run like a girl" on the back and one guy (obvious he was a real toughman doing the whole thing) said to me," you are making me look bad" as I passed him.  We only had about 1.5 miles to go so I slowed down enough to tell him he was the Toughman not me & that I was a just a mere runner on the relay...we laughed & he kept my pace for the rest of the way.  

I just read your race report..it was great!!  My girlfriends and I do part of that run every now & then...by the waterfall & up the dirt hill.  I don't remember that hill feeling so awful..LOL

Hope  you are still on your finisher high!!

Patti
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Toughman Half Iron in Croton, NY Rss Feed